6

"Miss Stark"

The sudden announcement awoke me and caused me to fall out of my bed.

"Miss Stark, sorry to wake you, the team wanted me to alert you that breakfast is ready."

I liked Friday but sometimes she could be quite intrusive. I rolled off of the floor and got dressed into some baggy clothes. I put my hood up to hide how tired I looked. I wondered my way to the kitchen and slopped onto a stool by the kitchen island and kept my head down.

"Morning kiddo!"

"Jesus, Not so loud dad"

I hugged my bowl of cereal, held my head down close to the bowl and began to eat with a big spoon.

"So what's got you in a mood kid"

"yeah you've been sleeping for almost sixteen hours straight"

I looked up to see the whole team sitting at the table staring down at me.

"I guess i'm just really tired... Bro stop staring at me!" I snapped.

Everyone suddenly started acting innocent and as if nothing had happened.

Dad spoke up "So everyone, I am hosting a party here on Saturday evening to celebrate our latest victory, your all invited and have to dress fancy so no surfer gear point break..."

"since.. uh when" Thor broke out. The whole team laughed in unison.

"and that means no oversized hoodies from you missy either" he turned to me with a persuasive face and a cheeky wink.

"DAD!" in truth his statement made me uncomfortable I hated my body and my scars and well a lot of things about myself, hoodies just made me feel comfortable.

It was Friday, the day before the party, Wanda, Nat and Yelena took me shopping to buy an outfit for the party. They all went crazy going from shop to shop trying on tonnes of dresses until they found the perfect one.

I heard a lot of this:

"Hey y/n try this one on"

"no this one"

"here try this"

"oh my GOD this dress would look so good on you!"

All the dresses they showed me were all stunning but they were all short sleeved. Strapless or skin tight. I couldn't even attempt to wear them without exposing myself.

"mm I don't think so it's not really my style" I repeated.

But that's when i saw it, the perfect dress.