8| Teacher's Bet

En başından başla

"Aw, man, it's a book about some girl." Cory muttered as he looked at the blurb of the book.

The bell rung. The class all rose, gathered all their thing and began to walk out of the classroom.

"Mr. Matthews." Mr. Feeny called, motioning Cory over to him.

Cory turned to Shawn and Zoey, giving them a nod, telling the two of them to go without him. The brunette gathered her books and walked out of the classroom and into the hallway along with Shawn.

"What do you reckon they're talking about?" Zoey wondered.

Shawn shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know... probably nothing good."

••••

Next day at school, Zoey walked into Mr. Feeny's classroom and sat down at her desk. Her eyes slightly widened when she saw Mr. Feeny sitting in Cory's seat.

What was happening?

Zoey closed her eyes and shook her head a couple of times.

Was she dreaming?

Nope.

When she opened her eyes, she still saw Mr. Feeny. The brunette was extremely confused. She turned to Shawn, giving him a confused look. Shawn returned the look with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Now, I'm really in charge. You're not going to call the bet off if I do things a teensy bit different from the way you would?" Cory asked Mr. Feeny.

"We made a bet, Mr. Matthews." Mr. Feeny said. "It's your class. They are your minds to mold."

Shawn and Zoey both glanced at each other at the same time, confusion all over their expression.

"Cool." Cory said, before making his way to the front of the class. "Good morning, class. For the rest of the week I' going to be your Social Studies teacher."

"Mr. Feeny? What's going on?" Minkus asked, his voice sounding panicked.

"Don't ask me. He's the man in charge." Mr Feeny said, pointing at Cory.

"That's right, Minkus, my boy. Me." Cory said, spreading his arms out. Zoey smirked. "I'm your new teacher, and my name is...." Cory trailed off, as he walked to the black board and wrote 'Hey Dude'. "Hey Dude. That all right with you... George?"

"Mi clase es su clase." Mr. Feeny responded.

"And you guys know that rule about no baseball caps in class? History!" Cory announced, as he placed his red cap on.

"Yeah." Zoey breathed out, as her and the boys placed their caps on their heads, while Topanga raised her hand.

"Yeah, Topanga." Cory said.

"If we're going to eliminate the cap rule can we also discard the dress code in its entirety?" Topanga wondered.

"Why?" Cory questioned. "You're not thinking about showing up... like, naked tomorrow, are you?"

"No." Topanga responded. "Although I find nothing shameful about nudity. I was thinking about wearing garments from cultures more in tune with the goddess. A sari, perhaps, or a pareo."

"Yeah, fine. As long as you're covered up." Cory told her.

"People, people, people." Minkus spoke up. Zoey sighed and rolled her eyes at him. "Are we going to do our Social Studies work today?"

"Minkus, Minkus, Minkus." Zoey said, mocking him which caused Shawn to chuckle. "Shut up."

"Okay, guys, for homework tonight... read the first thirty pages in whatever that book was that George assigned us yesterday." Cory instructed the class.