Chapter Twenty Eight: I'm Just too Use to This..

“Ash come on! You are gotta get up!” Lauren shouted from the hallway.

I didn’t answer and stayed under my covers. It had been two weeks now since I’ve seen/ talked to Zayn but he’s all I’ve been thinking about. You never know how bad heartbreak can be until you loose the trust of the one person you trusted most.

Zayn came over every single day last week trying to convince Lauren to let him in but she refused and after the 3rd time she just stopped answering the door, as for myself I literally have not left this bed.

Even Harry and Niall have tried everything to get me out of bed but they know it’s no use, after Lauren gave up, what else could they have done?

So the boys have been visiting me everyday to keep me company and attempt at moving me at least into the hallway, but at the state of mind I was in, there was no possible way.

“Okay babe it’s time to get up” Harry barged in, fighting me for the covers, finally winning, and tossing them on the floor and picking me up.

“No Harry stop, I don’t want to go anywhere!” I whined, as I was abruptly taken and thrown over his shoulder, carrying me down the stairs.

“Harry Edward Styles!” I yelled making a fuss trying to get out of his tight grip but couldn’t.

“We’re already downstairs you might as well just stop fighting me.” He laughed as he walked into the kitchen and sat me down at the table.

“Now just relax and have some pancakes, Lauren made them for you.” He took a seat with me, making sure I wouldn’t attempt to make a run for it.

There as I rubbed my eyes from the sudden brightness that our deck doors let in, I looked up from my plate was Harry and Niall both just starring along with Lauren watching from over the counter with a spatula and some pancake mix on her face.

As If I had three heads or something, I was too drained to even crack a smile, which is what I’m sure they were all waiting for since they knew starring always creeped my out to the point where I just start to laugh.

“So are you guys just gunna watch me eat or…” I asked in a raspy morning tone.

“Psh Ash you really think I’M just gunna WATCH you eat? Love you mad” Niall joked as he slapped on 3 more pancakes onto his plate and then giving me a funny look.

I tried to hold in my laughter until I could and a small chuckle came out.

“Ah so you do know how to smile, was beginning to think you had forgotten” Harry joked, giving me playful push.

“I made your fave, chocolate chip!” Laur said in a sweet voice.

“I see that, thank you” I smiled and took my first bite.

The longer I was at the table to more I began to warm up to everyone again and was talking more little by little and it honestly was refreshing, I missed socializing with my ‘adopted’ family.

---Back with Zayn---

“Zayn it’s 9:30 in the morning mate! You can’t be drinking so early in the day!” Liam snatched the 3rd beer bottle he had drinken already and tossed it in the overflow of other empty bottle of the recycling bin.

“What’s the point anymore? She’s gone and won’t even look at me. I might as well drink away the rest of my days…” Zayn whined, still drunk from last night rolling over to his mini fridge and opening up another beer.

“No that’s it, mate it’s been over a week now and you have yet to move from this couch. Now get your ass back up and shower, Louis and I are gunna help you get her back.” Liam helped Zayn up and brought him to the bathroom.

After nearly a hour of fussing and refusing to get in the shower, Zayn finally gave up and listened to his kind friend and began to clean himself up.

“Louis, he’s not looking so good” Liam whispered, shutting the bathroom door behind him.

“I know, what do we do? There’s gotta be away to get them to talk..” Louis walked over and thought as the sound of the shower echoed from the bathroom.

---Back with Ashley---

“Ok so you think maybe you’re up to go somewhere today?” Lauren just finished cleaning up the kitchen and Harry and Niall left to go off to class.

“Mm..I don’t know Laur-”

“Ashley I’m sure you would love to see what has been going on in this world outside of your 4 purple walls that you’ve starred at for so long at this point. Come on, it’ll be fun!” Lauren joked at first but then got calm, really trying to convince me to get some fresh air.

I looked at her as she attempted to guilt me with her brilliant puppy dog face and within a minute I cracked and agreed to go.

“Awesome! We could go to Tiff’s for lunch and then walk it off at the park!” Lauren jumped from her seat all excited, grabbing my arm and pulling me with her upstairs.

“Hah hold on, I gotta take a shower, no one wants to see a mess like this walking around in public.” I said as we both looked at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, instantly cracking up.

“Alright I’ll pick out a cute outfit for you while I wait” She smiled and closed the door behind her.

--- 45mins Later---

By the time I had gotten out, I had finished with my eyeliner and blowing out my hair, adding a bit of volume to it. Walking into my room I saw Lauren was finishing the touches of her make up and slipping on a pair of combat boots.

“I’ve taught you well little one” I joked, showing my love for the combination of clothes my friend had chosen for me.

“What can I say? Learn from the best” She looked away posing like she knew it all and then laughed.

As I slipped on my last boot and grabbed my phone, seeing the normal 30 missed calls from the one and only himself, but cleared my screen, walked out the door arm and arm with my best friend who had finally brought back my smile that I really thought I wouldn’t be able express again.

“Let me just grab my keys real quick!” She ran to the kitchen and I went to the door.

“I’m really glad you convinced me to go out Laur-”

My face turned white, my eyes widening and my body in a full shock, to my surprise… Zayn standing in my doorway, just inches away…