Chapter Twenty: Who Knew He had a Past of His Own..

“Nina Mac’Entire, what brings you here, because you sure as hell know you’re not welcomed.” Danielle stepped up face to face to the unexpected party crasher.

“No Hi Nina? How are you? Danielle sweetie let’s not be rude, there are other guests here. We don’t need a repeat of last time, now do we?” She said raising her eyebrow, pressing her lips together with an attitude.

“Why I ought to-” Danielle nudged forward but Liam pulled her back, cupping her face trying to calm her down.

“Nina what are you doing here?” Zayn left me on the staircase and ran to her, but keeping a distance between them, pushing her away when she tried a ‘welcome’ hug.

“Well one year goes by and you guys treat me like I’m poison?”

“That’s because you are, now leave.” Louis yelled, holding El in his, having a devil’s stare in her eyes.

I was astounded, I had never seen any of my friends so angry, especially Danielle. If Liam hadn’t been there; the argument definitely would have escalated into a physical one. I wasn’t sure what I was about to get into so I stayed on the stairs a little while longer.

“What I can’t see my babe on his birthday?” She spoke in a flirty tone, putting her hands on his chest, flipping her back.

“No, Nina we have been over this a thousand times, I meant it when I said we were done. You’re old and forgotten, now just leave before something actually happens to you.” Zayn said firmly, taking her hands off him.

At that point, I had enough, she put her hands on MY man and that was absolutely not tolerable. I walked up right next to Zayn, putting my arm around his. Giving her the obvious hint that he was NOT available to be taken.

“Oh wow Malik, you really out did yourself this time, haven’t you?” She began to circle us, with the sound of her heels following every word.

“Long brown hair, golden skin, and shimmering light eyes, trying to get the complete opposite of me were ya? No worries, he’ll leave you soon enough. Because I’m back and no one turns me away. I always get what I want.” Nina stared me right in the face, making every hair on my body stand up.

The green in her eyes matched every vibe of jealousy she was giving off, along with her ultra blonde hair, reflecting the colors from the disco ball above.

“Why don’t you just leave the same way you came out. This is MY house and its invite only. You really don’t want to see my dark side, because I win every war that comes my way.” I let go of Zayn and stood up to the bitch that was trying to intimidate me.

“Hah well you two have fun, won’t last long darling, I know Zayn a lot better then you, all his weaknesses, soft spots. So if war’s what you want then, sweetheart you just got one. See you at battle one.” She pushed me aside and kissed Zayn on the cheek and walked out.

“Can’t catch a break can I..” I shook my head and walked through everyone till I was outside, just standing under the stars with the cold breeze brushing up against my face.

“Ash!”

I folded my arms and just looked away, starring at the ground the just picturing that horrible of a person’s face in my head.

“Ash, babe what’s wrong? If you’re bothered by Nina there’s no need to be. I have no feelings left for her; you’re the only one that I want.” Zayn said turning my chin so I was facing him, unfolding my arms, giving me a reassuring hug.

I wrapped my arms around his waist, giving a tight squeeze and rested my head on his chest.

“Why does everyone hate her? I mean I definitely got a taste for her personality before but like..”

“She’s a long story that I was hoping I never had to explain to anyone ever again. She’s like one of the dark regrets you wish you could just forget about but just can’t.” Zayn held me closer, stoking my back.

“Ha yeah I know how that goes” I closed my eyes feeling Zayn’s warmth, recalling the whole Brent drama.

“But what happened between Danielle and her? Danielle wanted to basically rip her face off..” I curiously asked

“Alright, well that was probably the worst part of the whole time I was with her. We dated for 2 years, on and off. At first she was literally the sweetest thing, helpful and always there. But then during our couple of months together, she suddenly thought that all of my friends were out to get her. She tried to turn everyone against me so that all I would’ve had was her to rely on, isolating me, even from my family...”

“Oh my goodness, that’s so awful” I looked up at Zayn

“But the thing with Danielle was that she was jealous of her, how perfect her and Liam are together, so she tried to break them up, made Danielle miserable and even threatened her a few times. Nina hated when others we’re happier then she was.” Zayn rolled his eyes at the memories he clearly didn’t want to have.

“Poor Danielle…she doesn’t deserve that, her and Liam are meant to be and it shows.” I sympathetically responded

“Yeah she even tried the same to El but I caught her on that one and then all the weird things began to add up, and I was done. She was mental.” Zayn finished up the last of the story.

“Wow. I don’t even know what to say...” I slipped away out of his arms and went to sit on the swing set.

I rocked my heals back and forth on the ground, slightly swaying back and forth. Just gazing at the moon, thinking.

“Ash I don’t want you to worry, I know how you get and this is not something to stress over. We all know how she is and whatever she has planned isn’t gunna work.” Zayn sat on the swing next to mine and encouraged that all was going to be okay.

“Me and you sure know how to pick’em don’t we? I get the abusive ex and you get the mental crazy” I chuckled, trying to lighten up the mood.

“Yeah but this time it’s different, because I learned from my last mistake; you’re the showing for it. My whole family loves you and couldn’t be happier for us. The past 4 months have been awesome and it’s only the beginning.” Zayn stood up putting out a hand for me to take.

The stars were glowing with the pitch black sky behind him and he was just so beautiful, it felt like a movie scene and I had to snap myself back- out of my thoughts to realize that he was reality not just fantasy.

“Let’s make the last hour of tonight the best!” I grabbed his hand and we ran back to the dance floor.

The energy level was higher then ever and I swear the house began to shake from how loud the music was, and it was great. We all raised our glasses and drank the night away.

But soon enough the DJ played his last song and everyone was packing up, saying their goodbyes. Once everyone had left, my clean up crew of 9 were ready to begin. The girls got the kitchen while the boys had the living room.

Nearly 1 am and I was exhausted but didn’t want to wake up hung-over and have a whole house to clean up.

“Hey El pass me those paper plates, I have the garbage bag right here.” I asked

*Phone Vibration*

“Ash your phone.” El said as she passed me the used plates.

“Oh alright thanks, give me a sec.” I answered, tying up the trash bag and then reaching for my phone.

It was a text message from a blocked number…

*That first encounter was rough wasn’t it? Just wait till the first hit…sleep with one eye open little girl. A storms coming. – N*

I immediately locked the screen and threw it on the counter, my hands began to tremble...