Chapter Fifteen: Fearing the Unknown

*Boom* *Bang* *Yelling and the sounds of punches being thrown*

“Harry look!” I gasped as I made my way through the woods and saw Brent going after Zayn, both of them rolling around on the ground one throwing fists right after the other. My heart began to race as I did, trying to run over there, but Harry kept me from moving any further.

“Ash I’m sorry but I can’t let you to get in the middle of that…this is as far as you’re gunna get.” Harry sympathetically stated but stood firm to his word.

Now realizing I would have to stand and watch the guy I love go head to head with my worst nightmare, knowing he wouldn’t be the same in the end, absolutely terrified me.

I’ve seen Brent get into a lot of physical arguments and I’ve never seen him loose, believe me, I’ve played victim to more then half of those “arguments.” But I’ve also never seen such fire in ones eyes and with that, I was praying with everything I had that Zayn would come out alive.

----Back At the Fight-------

Brent began to Charge at Zayn, but Zayn strong as he was, pushed him away, tripping him and pinned him to the ground.

“This.is.for.Ashley. And all the bullshit you put her through!” Zayn angerly said in between the punches he threw.

“You sick bastard. You deserve nothing but hell!”

Hitting Brent in the face so many times, with each one Brent took a step back slowly getting on his knees. Getting sidetrack for nearly a second Zayn looked up to see Liam and Louis completely destroying Brent’s “back up.”

Now leaving just them two to finish off. Niall helped out Lou and Liam but at one point of the brawl, the guys knew, they had to let Zayn, handle the rest on his own.

He had so much anger built up and the fact that he lost me over this only drove him more aggrivated and motivated him to absolutely pummeling Brent into the concrete.

In a surprise attack, Brent slid his leg into Zayn’s, causing him to fall, hitting his head on the ground.

“..Uhh” Zayn coughed out, sounding weak.

----Back with me----

“Oh no!” I cried covering my mouth. I began to run over fallen branches, nearly two feet of revealing my presence, Harry caught me, dragging me back wrapping his arms tightly around as I began to sob.

“I know, I know, I’m so sorry you have to go through this. It’ll be over soon love. Hang tight.” He whispered kissing my forehead. I just kept my face buried in his chest…I couldn’t bare to watch anymore.

Watching from afar I think was more painful then being up close and in the action. Brent was brutal, to be honest they were both getting their asses beat but neither wanted to give up. The idea that I’m the cause of this is still pounding in my head.

It had been almost an hour and you could tell the guys were both waiting for the other to give up and make it easier on the other. Yet they both still had the energy to keep going...and hard.

Just hearing all the banging and the glass breaking, painful grunts, I had to turn around because my imagination was getting the best of me.

----Back with the guys----

“Still think you’re the tough guy huh?” Brent began kicking Zayn in his bruised rib, nearly knocking every breath he had left in him.

Zayn began coughing and gasping for air. But even to my shock, he barely got up and shoved Brent into his truck. Banging his head into the glass, kneeing him in the balls and finally kicking him in the stomach, ending it by tossing him on the ground, completely unconscious.

That was the climax for me. I saw Brent’s friends weren’t as loyal as he thought because during the first half hour of the fight, they scrammed knowing they wouldn’t be able to compete and decided to save their drunk selves.

Panting and hardly in a state of mind, he finally collapsed to the ground, knocked out cold.

“Zayn!” I screamed pushing Harry away and immediately running, falling to the ground, holding Zayn in my arms, completely a wreck.

“Babe, it’s me, it’s Ashley, please say something!” I cried out, tapping his face, shaking him softly.

But nothing. No response. I couldn’t believe my eyes. His shirts was drenched in blood, his head cut up from the glass and his hand I think was broken.

“Zayn please! Don’t leave me like this…please…” I hyperventilated, balling Niagara Falls from my tired eyes

*Thunder and Lightening began to fill the sky as a heavy storm started to pour down*

The rain began to pour as I just held him in my arms with his head leaning on my chest. The boys ran to get the car, as I looked around all I saw was my broken past and haunting memories all in one place.

But that wasn’t even my concern, I quickly ran in the car as the boys carefully placed Zayn in the back with me and we hurried off the hospital.

On the way there I noticed he was loosing blood fast and it just hit me that he might not make it. As the rain fell down harder so did my tears and I begged Niall to floor it.