Chapter Twenty Six: You're All Out Second Chances

*BANG BANG BANG*

The thunder was getting louder each time it roared with each lightening bolt quickly following brightening up the horric storm that was the night sky. The wind was whistling tossing mini branches at the car windshield

*Ring Ring*

My phone was ringing for the 14th time from Zayn calling to see where I was, but I had tossed it in the back seat after the 7th ring. I was just so mad at him for not listening to me and at this point the rain was getting so bad I wasn't even sure If I was driving in the right direction.

Then suddenly a 24-hour diner was coming up so I switched gears fast and pulled in, hoping to wait out the storm. Turning off the car, I played the radio low and leaned my head back, closing my eyes and just replaying the argument over and over again.

"Did I over-react? Maybe I did...aghh" I thought to myself.

Completely unsure of what to do, I reached over for my phone and called Lauren.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's me...kinda got myself a little situation" I faceplamed myself, scrunching my face flashing back to it.

"Alright I'm listening Ash"

I explained the whole story and the more I went on Laurens reactions were all over the place to being angry, then understanding but ended with a big fat..

"ARE YOU CRAZY?"

"What was I suppose to do, go cry in a corner in the guest bedroom?" I questioned knowing I was dumb for leaving in this bad of weather.

"YES oh my gosh I can't believe you're out there all alone in a town you don't even know, you could get lost and then you'd be really screwed!" Lauren babbled while she continued to panic

"I know but I just needed some space because if I stayed he would have bugged me until I opened whatever door would have locked."

Lauren kept continuing to advise me to go back and I wasn't sure if I wanted too. I sound crazy but it would just be too uncomfortable, plus Zayn wasn't too happy with me either. Two lectures in one night...didn't exactly sounding "inviting" too me.

------Back with Zayn------

"Damn her line is still busy!" Zayn slammed the phone and threw it on the couch taking a deep breath, getting tired of hearing Ashley's voicemail.

"Having trouble there babe?" A soft voice came out from the shadows of the coat closet.

"Who's there?" Zayn gasped, jumping up from the coach grabbing the candle holder from the table ready to strike.

"Relax love it's me"

"Nina?!" He squinted his eyes to see that he wasn't crazy and that he it was her, in the flesh.

"Oh don't act surprised, don't you remember giving me a key to this place?" She dimmed down the lights and slowly made her way towards Zayn.

"Wh-what are you doing here? Get out you're intruding I'll call the cops right now." He stood firm, with the maddest of looks on his face.

"Yeah but we both know you won't, and I'm honestly here just to catch up..." She was now standing a near arm's lank away playing the victim card.

"Who says I won't?" Zayn grabbed his phone off the couch and had the number dialed and ready to hit send.

"Ok no seriously I really just wanna talk and then I promise I'll go!" Nina begged, backing up and sitting on the couch.

"About what? Nina it's been over a year, I'm with Ashley, don't you get it? We're D O N E" Zayn crossed his arms, but putting the phone down on the couch.

"And you really don't think that I'm trying to forget that, Zayn I was your first love, we did everything together, all the special memories I have are the ones of us. I really miss how things use to be..." Nina looked down and with the big heart that Zayn had, he sat down next to her.

"Then why did you act like the way you did? That's what messed it all up." He showed no sympathy yet you could tell he believed her.

"I don't know, I was young and foolish back then, I realize my mistakes now and I just came here to ask if you could consider forgiving me?" She placed her hands on his knee, looking directly into his eyes.

Zayn took a minute to process all that was being said. It was hard for him to believe this was really coming the girl who has caused so much damage yet some how felt hurt from the destruction of her actions.

"Nina stop it okay." Zayn pulled his hands away and got up walking to the entrance foyer of the house.

She sighs then gets up and turns Zayn too her, making him look straight into her seductive eyes.

"Are you telling me you don't miss this?" Nina wrapped her arms around Zayn's neck then shifting her hands from his shoulders, smoothly down this chest, biting her bottom lip.

"I-I..."

"Shh, there's no need to talk" She put his hands on her hips and moved in closer, just inches from touching lips.

"Nina I...I can-"

Before he could even finish she planted her lips on his, so hard, using all her little tricks that she knew would get Zayn to fall for her lust.

"*gasp* I knew it."

I cried with a shaky voice as my heart immediately shattered into a thousand pieces to the sight of my biggest fear now come true, dropping my bags to the floor and running back out into the night.