chapter ten | old routines

╔═━━━━━▒ ۞ ▒━━━━━═╗
CHAPTER TEN
old routines
╚═━━━━━▒ ۞ ▒━━━━━═╝

╔═━━━━━▒ ۞ ▒━━━━━═╗CHAPTER TENold routines╚═━━━━━▒ ۞ ▒━━━━━═╝

━━━━━━▒ ۞ ▒━━━━━━

THE NOISE OF the bumbling streets was a pain yet also a gift to Diana. It was the perfect volume that allowed her to focus on her surroundings without getting too lost in her thoughts. The hot breeze pushed against her hair that she did her best to hide under the baseball hat, not wanting to bring too much attention to her table. Everything around Diana was tinted to a dark shade due to the sunglasses she wore. She was a founding Avenger, if she didn't have them in, someone was sure to recognize her and she didn't need that at the moment.

The clinking of Wanda's spoon against her mug as she stirred sugar into her tea pulled Diana's eyes down to the woman's painted nails that matched her own.

Wanda gave her one glance and a flash of a smile as she went to take a sip.

"All right," Steve's voice in the comm started up, it was time, "what do you see?"

"Standard beat cops, small station." Wanda looked around as she spoke, "Quiet street, it's a good target."

Diana kept her eyes on the crowds, scanning faces as she checked to make sure they weren't made. The risks were already high for this mission. The more Diana looked around, all she could see is more potential casualties if this goes wrong, which only pushed Diana to be more discreet.

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means . . ."

"Cameras," Wanda answered, she had mastered looking casual when talking into the comm.

"Both cross streets are one way."

"So, compromised escape routes." She deduced.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out." Steve was up in a hotel room that looked down at the street that she, Wanda, and Natasha were on, Sam was on the roof of the hotel, "You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"Yeah, the red one?" Wanda asked, "It's cute."

"It's also bulletproof," Natashas voice was better heard through the comm even though she was only a couple tables away, "which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda questioned, setting her cup down, she made eye contact with Diana after taking another survey of the area.