chapter three | haunted by the past

warning : mentions of blood and torture and violence, enjoy!

╔═━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━═╗
CHAPTER THREE
haunted by the past
╚═━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━═╝

╔═━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━═╗CHAPTER THREEhaunted by the past╚═━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━═╝

────━▒ ۞ ▒━────

AS THE PARTY went on, Diana found herself clinging to either Thors or Bruce's side as she continued to down more drinks. She found herself smiling more genuinely than she did in three months. She felt light as she danced along to the music that played through the sound system of a billionaire. She soon stopped through as her glass ran empty and the guests left. The music eventually was stopped by Tony, who was immediately heckled by Diana after, making her tired feet walk over to the couch where her team was, Helen and Maria were still with them and it made Diana smile some more.

Diana found herself sitting at Thor's side, leaning into her friend as they continued to converse. Over the noise, Diana's eyes locked onto Steve. He was wearing a blue button-up, cuffed at the sleeves.

"You know Steve," Diana spoke up, a smile on her face as he brought his attention to her, "that's a good look on you." - she waved a finger to gesture to the outfit- "very hot."

There was some laughter at Diana's easy-go-lucky manner as her real honesty was at its full force. Mjolnir was on display on the coffee table at the center of all of them to comment about, until the whole conversation was about the unliftable hammer.

"But, it's a trick!" Clint yelled out, twirling drumsticks between his fingers, making Diana furrow her eyebrows; where the hell did he get those?

"Oh, no." Thor denied, waving his hand that was attached to the arm that was around Diana's shoulders, "It's much more than that."

"Uh, 'Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!'" Clint bellowed in a low, but righteous voice that clearly was in a mocking manner to the Nord's, "Whatever man! It's a trick."

"Well please, be my guest." Thor gestured to the hammer with his other hand, making Diana's eyes widen with her smile. She straightened up slightly as she watched the scene unfold before her.

"Really?" Clint asked, his eyebrows lifting in disbelief.

"Yeah!" Thor shrugged in his response. He and Diana shared a playful look as Clint got up to walk around the table.

"Oh, this is gonna be beautiful," Rhodey spoke up, making Clint scoff as he walked past them.

"Clint, you've had a tough week, we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up," Tony spoke up to add onto Rhodey's joke.