Chapter 26 - My Mission Part One

A/N - This chapter is a bit smaller! The next ones should be bigger. And more intense....

I have a mission. The gist of it - Kick Niki out of her house. But.... don't actually kick her out, give her money to pay for the bills. Meet up with Fundy in secret to see if he has any information about Wilbur and Tommy's whereabouts. See if Tubbo's Ok in the hospital. Spy on Quackity and Schlatt. Phew...! I have a lot to do today! That starts with... stealing some diamonds. I walk over to a secret chest that I know Quackity hides underneath his bed. Not the best place for a chest, it sticks out like a sore thumb! Also, something else to add on my to-do list - Don't let any of my friends die. That's probably the hardest thing to do, with every one of movements being tracked, and the constant barrage of death threats against me

I sigh and steal a few diamonds from the chest. He'll never notice. Fundy is going to help me replace them, and since Quackity is released from his bed tomorrow, I have plenty of time... A few minutes later, and an aching side, I arrive at Niki's house. Or, should I say, bakery? Niki practically lives in her bakery, rising up at dawn and working hard through the night to make bread and pastries and other goodies. I'm constantly making trouble for her, stealing ingredients and making sweets magically disappear. But we're still friends. Best friends, even. Goes to show how sweet she is, putting up with me all the time and still having enough energy to get through the day and smile at her customers. Smiling, I gently open the door.

Upon entering, I gasp and drop the diamonds. Her bakery is... shredded apart! The walls are peeling and there are crumbs and icing everywhere. I feel a cold horror. Niki? What happened?.... It looks like a literal murder scene. I tentatively take a scoop of icing dripping of a wall. The icing is sweet, buttery and fluffy. It feels like heaven exploded in my mouth. Natsuki makes such good sweets. I savour the moment, and then return to reality. NIKI! Right. I rush out, and collect my diamonds. Reality hits me, Where do I go now? I decide to look for Fundy. Hopefully he knows what on earth is going on. I arrive in his house. Odd. He's not here. We had decided to meet in his house, but he's not here yet. I wait. Hopefully nothing bad has happened, but I still feel a trickle of dread and Deja vu. It's not like Fundy to be this late. Minutes pass. The clock ticks. I hear a scream, then some yelling.

 Instantly, I'm alert. I speedwalk as fast as I possibly can, due to the pain in my chest. I really need to stop running so much. I walk furiously until I reach the source of the sound which happens to be - none other than Niki.

"Niki!" I run up to her, then stop halfway, "Owww!" The pain just tripled. Great. Just GREAT! Her eyes are glistening. My stomach drops as I realise what's going on. Behind her, the L'mantree, on fire...

Set by Fundy.