Chapter 5 - First day

Sayori's clothes up in the image. TW - panic attacks. If you are sensitive to this topic, please don't read.

I wake up, feeling a momentary flash of panic. Where am I? I quickly remember that I'm in L'manburg, and quickly get dressed. As I walk outside my absolutely cute cottage, I see no-one's there. Thinking they maybe were just all in the hot dog van, I go inside. Nobody there. "Wilbur? Tommy? Tubbo?" I call out. No-one replies. I suddenly feel guilty, remembering how MC must have walked into my house and call out my name a few times the day of the festival. He must have gotten the shock of his life. I take a few brisk paces around L'manburg, looking for everyone. Everyone appeared to be gone. A jolt of anxiety passed through me. What if meeting Wilbur was all just a dream? What if none of this is real? I struggle to hold back my tears, but fail. Drops fall off my cheeks to the soft grass touching my feet. I've never felt so alone, not even back in the literature club.

Suddenly, I hear voices, just outside the L'manburg entrance. Wilbur's warning from last night rings through my ears. "If you ever hear voices outside L'manburg when we're not in, hide. IMEDIATLY."  Adrenaline pumps through my body, and I make a start to shelter in the hot dog van. "SAYORI!" I whirl around, trying to see who called my name. Wilbur's running toward me. "YOU HAVE TO GO. NOW!" "Wha-what?! Bu-but, I just got here? I'm incredibly confused. "Use the side exit, here's a pickaxe." Wilbur looks scared and sorry. He's constantly looking behind him, as if someone's following him. "WILBUR, I'M WAITING FOR AN ANSWER!" 

"I've got to go, please, please leave." Wilbur pleads with me one last time. He turns and jogs back to the entrance, giving me one final look of warning. I run to the furthest wall, safely out of view of the entrance. I pull out the pick Wilbur gave me and start mining. The voices outside get closer and closer. In a flash, I understand. There must be some sort of disagreement, and I'm in danger. I frantically hurry up my mining, and at last I break free. "WELL, WHERE IS SHE?" The voice is dangerously close to the hole I made. I quickly patch it up using the obsidian blocks I mined off. I hurry around the walls, not quite sure where to go. Do I go back in L'manburg? Do I go back to spawn? My mind is a whirlwind of thoughts, but before I decide to go anywhere a voice pulls me out of my thoughts. "HEY! YOU!"

A person turns around a corner, holding a bow and arrow pointed directly at my chest. A gasp escapes my lips, and I turn around and run, my feet scarcely touching the ground. I run around the walls, trying to dodge the flying arrows that graze my skin. I run and run, faster and faster, dodging trees and jumping over rocks, not bumping into anything until I do bump into something. Or rather, a person. 

I'm now falling onto the ground, and I try to get up again, to escape the person that had a fire symbol on their t-shirt, with a bandana and a bow shooting at me. "Sapnap, hold. your fire." the strange person says. With dread, I look up. The strange person is holding a sword at my chest, and they have a smiley-face mask on their face. In any other circumstances, I would of laughed at the mask. Wilbur comes running, with Tommy and Tubbo close at his heels. "Dream?" He then notices me. "Oh no. Oh NO!" "Have something to say Wilbur? Sapnap found her fleeing. Your doing?" Wilbur looks to the floor, dismayed. I feel sorry that I didn't run sooner, but at the same time I'm angry at the way Dream is treating him.  It reminds me of the time I got bullied for having the red bow in my hair. The thought is enough to make me say something. But, before I can. Dream says "Well, since you didn't show me her, I guess you have no choice now. So Wilbur, what will it be? The girl or independence?" "Dr-Dream! YOU can't do this!" Tommy angrily approaches Dream, his fingers curled into fists. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Dream replies calmly, and pushes the blade against my throat. "Decide NOW, Wilbur." He snarls. 

"Ok, OK!" Wilbur puts his hands up in the air. "OK." He takes a deep breath. 

"I choose..."

Authors note - hahahaha I put you on a plot twist. What does Wilbur choose? Let me know down in the comments!