Chapter 10 - Independence

Sayori POV

I sit with Wilbur, cross legged, and gaze into the distance. I see L'manburg, our great nation, all destroyed. I see Eret, who's talking to Sapnap, and laughing. I see Tommy, who's walking with Drea-Wait What?! What's Tommy doing with Dream?  I signal to Wilbur who seems lost in thought. "Wilbur! Tommy's talking with Dream!" "Huh? Oh, Sayori! Sorry, I zoned out for a minute there!" I point to Tommy and Dream. Their coming back now, getting closer and closer towards us. Tommy has a grave expression on his face. Oh no. What did he do now? Wilbur stands up and faces Tommy. "Tommy...?" Tommy turns to face everyone, me, Wilbur and Fundy, "Men, I have secured our independence." "What?" Wilbur is shocked. Similar expressions are on the rest of our faces. "How?" I ask, praying that this wasn't some sort of prank. Wilbur turns to Dream, "Is this true?" "Yes," Dream replies. "I gave up cat for independence." Tommy tries to look brave, but I can see tears forming in his eyes. "TOMMYINNIT. WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL!" At once, the somber mood changes. All of us L'manburgians start laughing, hugging, crying, and celebrating.

"Woohoo!" "Thank you Tommy!" "Guys, c'mon! We have to go write the declaration of independance!" We all rush to L'manburg, the others following behind. Wilbur grabs a pen, and a book, and he sits on top of the hot dog van. He takes a deep breath, and starts writing. "Witnessed by Dream, GeorgeSomethingSomething, Sapnap and Punz. (Also Eret fuck Eret)" We all laughed, but it was true, betrayal was worse than actual enemies.

"The Decree of Independance." Wilbur passes the book to each of us in turn. We each sign the book. After we all sign the book, we give it back to Wilbur. He continues writing;

"As we gaze upon the
swaths of redwood
trees. The great hills
to our south and the
walls that have
protected for years.
I, as the now
President of L'manburg
hereby state:
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOO
SUCK IT GREEN
BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Y
Life, Liberty and the
Pursuit of Freedom." 

We all laughed at Wilbur's line. Wilbur signed the book, then put it on an item frame in the hot dog van. The sun started to rise from the horizon, illuminating L'manburg and all we had lost. Hope bloomed in every one of our hearts, and we knew, that today would mark an intricate part of our nation's identity and history, and I was honored to be a part of it.

Author's note - sorry that this chapter was a bit short, I'll try to make the next one a bit longer, but that means you guys have to wait longer. that's just how it is. Sorry!

Author-chan out!

-Peace!