(•24•)

Gon groaned as he awoke, "Ugh..."

He heard a voice shout, "He's awake!"

Someone came rushing in, "Gon? Gon..." It trailed off as he fell asleep again

-

Gon's head twisted and turned with beads of sweat dripping off his forehead. He could see the faint light shining through his closed eyelids. He needed to wake up. 'Wake up! Wake up!' Gon shouted in his head. An unfamiliar voice screamed, 'WAKE UP!'

Gon gasped as his eyes shot up. Everything from his legs to his arms was numb. His chest rose and settled quickly as he tried to catch his breath. Gon's eyes darted around the room getting a sense of his surroundings. He was a plain room with a single window and a door.

Gon's body ached in soreness as he tried to sit up. Suddenly the door creaked open revealing Kurapika and Leorio. Kurapika almost dropped the bowl he was holding. He shoved the bowl into Leorio's arms and ran over to Gon.

"Gon!" Kurapika's hands cupped Gon's face turning it side to side, "Are you alright."

Gon's face was squished making him unable to answer. Leorio chuckled as he shook his head placing the bowl on the small table next to the bed, "If you stop mushing his face maybe he'll be able to answer."

"Oops," Kurapika smiled sheepishly as he let Gon's face go, "There you go."

Gon blinked before smiling, "Yeah I'm alright."

"Thank goodness," Kurapika sighed putting a hand to his chest

"Um...," Gon asked, "Where's Killua?"

"Ah," Kurapika paused. He turned to Leorio for an answer.

Leorio clicked his tongue, "How do I say this... Killua went back."

"What? What do you mean?" Gon said panic rising in his voice

Kurapika jumped in, "Don't worry. Killua just had to return home. I'm sure he's fine."

"We have to go get him!" Gon started to get out of bed

Kurapika shook his head making Gon freeze, "There's nothing we can do."

Gon's face was distressed as he tried to get out of bed again, "Do you know what they could do? They'll keep him there like a caged bird! I have to go save him!"

Kurapika grabbed Gon's shoulders stopping him, "Gon, how are you going to save him if you can't even stand properly?"

Gon frowned as Kurapika continued, "I'm sure Killua would rather have you here than anywhere near the Zoldyck Mansion. Besides, Gon do you know what you did?"

Gon froze at the question going wide-eyed, "W-What did I do?"

Leorio answered this time sitting at the edge of Gon's bed, "You destroyed a whole district. Don't you remember?"

"No...," Gon's head starting to ache, "I don't remember anything."

"Gon," Kurapika looked at Gon with firm eyes, "You almost killed us. You really don't remember?"

Gon shook his head in frustration, "No! I can remember, alright! All I saw was Killua being taken away. That's it!" At the end of Gon's outburst, a spark of aura blasted

Kurapika and Leorio turned away shielding themselves. Gon froze at the reaction, whimpering, "W-Was I really that scary?"

Kurapika turned back to Gon, "Oh Gon..."

Gon hiccuped as tears started to fall from his face, "I messed it up, didn't I? And—and! Now Killua is gone!"

Kurapika wrapped Gon in a hug shushing him gently, "It's alright. It's alright. We'll figure this all out."