Chapter 15 - Yellow Roses

Start from the beginning

"We need to go see her today. I can't let my best friend go that easily" she crossed her arms. "We?" Michael raised an eyebrow "Yes she needs her best friends there.. or perhaps her crush" she chuckled as Michael's face grew a light shade of pink. "Just teasing let's go" she elbowed Michael as they exited out of the classroom. Jeremy and Mari came running over to Victoria as they saw her with Michael which was out of the normal. "Hey vic where ya going?" Jeremy raised an eyebrow as he caught up to the two "We need to see Y/n we don't know if she's even dead" victoria shook her head remembering how scrawny y/n appeared.

"Shouldn't we stop by to buy her flowers or something?" Mari pooped from behind the group as they jumped a bit "Mari! You scared me" "Sorry" she chuckled as her chains clanked together. "She's right.. We can't just show up empty handed" Michael stated as they had already exited out of the school and were walking down the sidewalk. "I'm sure there's a market coming up a few blocks" Victoria pointed straight ahead as she turned over the group. They nodded in agreement.

Back at the L/n's, Y/n had spent over an hour getting the knots out of her hair. She felt a relief as her hair brush went through the last knot on her slightly damped hair. She finally had taken a shower and wore a pair of clean and comfy clothes. She felt much better. Giving herself some self care boosted her mood. Her chest still felt heavy but she knew she had to get through this. For her. For her parents. For her little brother.

She tied her hair back, keeping it away from her face. She walked over to the kitchen grabbing a couple of trash bags, a broom and dust pan. She made her way back to her room scanning over the mess. Clothes on the floor. Her bed was undone. Plates of moldy food and flys. This was her second step of her healing journey.

Back with the gang, they were just a few feet away from Y/n's house. Michael had bought her yellow roses and her favorite ice cream. Victoria brought cupcakes and Jeremy brought bags of chips and Mari brought chocolate. They all made their way to the front door and knocked on it hoping for a response. Y/n lowered her music more as she placed the broom against the wall. She rushed over to the front door and opened it as she was greeted by her friends.

She was completely speechless. They were as well. "Y/n!" Victoria practically cried over the sight of seeing her best friend again. "Hey vic"she almost stumbled back as Victoria hugged her tightly. Y/n patted the girls back as she turned her attention to everyone else who had a worried expression.

Y/n's POV

"We were so worried about you! Have you ate?!" Victoria looked up and down at my body. It was quiet noticeably I haven't ate anything. I shook my head as I felt my appetite gain back a little. My stomach began making grumbling noises. "Goodness let me make you food" she lightly pushed me aside welcoming herself in. Everyone else followed except for Michael. I turned to look to see yellow roses in his hand and a tub of ice cream. "Michael.." I looked back at his light blue eyes as they became glossy. We both rushed over to each other hugging as tight as we were able to.

It felt really nice. His warmth. His scent. All of him. He pulled away "You look a bit better" he looked over at my washed hair and clean clothes. My face still had dark circles and eye bags. "Thanks" I shrugged a bit rubbing my elbow. "Oh- uh these are for you" he handed me the roses and tub of ice cream. I took them into my arms as his grip around them loosened. "Thank you mikey these are beautiful" I looked at the roses and back at him. His face became red. "Are you okay? Your face is red" I chuckled "Oh yeah it's just the heat" he nervously laughed scratching the back of his head.