"Yes, I remember." Ratchet's voice came no higher than a murmur as he closed his eyes and lowered his head further. He could feel the weight on his shoulders as if it were actually there.

Taylor pursed her lip as she felt a pang of sadness in her heart. She reached out with her hand and pressed her palm against his snout. His scales were cold to the touch. She rubbed her thumb across them, trying to provide reassurance.

"I know you're afraid that something bad will happen. I don't blame you." She said. "But I also know you're one of the bravest, strongest dragons out there. You always go beyond what's expected of you to meet everyone's needs, and that's what you're doing now. You won't be alone, either. You've got me. We'll find food and herbs in the human-place. You just have to believe that we will. Can you do that?"

Ratchet lingered for a moment to enjoy her sweet gesture before he released a soft puff of air through his nostrils and pulled away from her. His blue eyes fluttered open, appearing weary but bright.

"I believe so." He answered with renewed confidence, a slight smile tugging on the corner of his mouth. "Someone's been practicing the flowery language of a certain Prime." He lightly teased her as he lifted his head.

Taylor felt a hot wave of embarrassment wash over her as she twirled a strand of her hair around her finger. "I'm still learning, but he always sounds so elegant when he speaks." She said, smiling at him.

"He didn't always sound like that." Ratchet gave a soft chuckle before he returned his attention to the two dragons who'd been patiently waiting for them to finish. Cliffjumper still gnawed away at a bone, while the female curiously eyed the medic. "Taylor and I have decided that we will travel to the abandoned human-place to search for herbs."

"At least someone has a grain of common sense." The female muttered under her breath. "What about your friend here?" She gestured to Cliffjumper with her head.

Ratchet's expression hardened. "He will stay here and rest until we return." He replied, although he didn't sound so sure of his decision.

"So you're gonna put your trust in me and hope things don't go awry?"

"I guess I don't have a choice, do I?"

"No, you don't." She said, laughing a little. "Name's Huntress, by the way. Have fun."

Ratchet watched her with a slight scowl, then glanced at Cliffjumper. "We won't take long. If she tries anything, please let me know immediately." He urged, brushing his tail across his back in a reassuring manner.

"Don't worry, doc. I'll be fine." Cliffjumper replied as he stretched his front legs and yawned.

Ratchet returned his attention to Huntress, narrowing his eyes at her. "If you so much as lay a claw on him—"

"Relax. I won't hurt your friend." Huntress said nonchalantly, meeting Ratchet's gaze with the same intensity. "He's safe with me."

Ratchet's jaw clenched as his worry continued to grow, though he forced it down. This was a risk they had to take. If she hadn't killed them by now, she probably wouldn't kill them later. At least, that's what he hoped.

With a soft huff, he turned and gestured for Taylor to follow him as he began heading east towards the abandoned human-place.

*
*
*

The silhouettes of two dragons stood in the entrance of Megatron's den, one large and one small. They wouldn't enter without being given permission, as doing so would likely result in an outburst.

"Knockout, report." The gravelly voice of the warlord spoke from the darkness of the den.

Knockout swallowed thickly as he took a hesitant step forwards. "Breakdown and I have found something that could be of interest to you, my liege." He said, flicking Breakdown with his tail so he would step up beside him.

Dangling from Breakdown's jaws was an article of clothing; a sweatshirt or a jacket of some sort. The bruiser lowered his head to the ground and laid it in the dirt, keeping an anxious eye on the darkness in case Megatron decided to lunge at him for some reason.

A few moments passed before Megatron's immense form emerged to investigate. The warlord bent his head to sniff at the jacket. His eyes blazed with renewed intensity as he recognized the scent all too well and his lips curled back into a silent snarl.

"We discovered the Autobot medic's scent nearby as well. They were together." Knockout explained, appearing a bit unsettled by Megatron's obvious interest in the clothing. Personally, he despised humans and found them disgusting.

Megatron lifted his head to address the two once he'd filled his nostrils with Taylor's scent. "It appears our dear friend Taylor has lost something of hers. I think it would be best if we returned it to her, don't you?" He asked with a sinister smirk.

Breakdown grinned, his yellow eyes glinting with eagerness. "Can I squish her?"

"I want her alive." Megatron snapped his jaws mere inches from Breakdown's snout with a growl, though he regained his composure rather quickly, folding his wings against his back. "Track them down and bring her to me. Do what you want with Prime's lap dog." 

"With pleasure, my liege." Knockout replied with a smile. It had been a while since he last faced the Autobot medic and he was itching for a rematch. This time, however, the odds would be in his favor.

***

Ooh, things are heating up! Ratchet and Taylor better be careful hehe

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!