Ticking Time: requested by kei-maki

Authors's note: In this One Shot, the relationship status is: strangers to eventual lovers. In this particular one-shot, Bugs and Daffy are caught up in a dystopian world of Victorian era  Steampunk in London, England where they will both embark on an epic adventure in search for mining gems to help fulfill their needs. Not knowing that there is more to come along the way. I hope you all enjoy. Btw, the art above is from my little sister. Praises to her for her willingness to try and show her artwork. Love ya sis. 🥰

Chapter 1:

In the English world of the mid-1800s, where technology was discovered way too early and the stages of the Victorian era are set in stone, a drifter-like merchant and a renowned scientist are about to meet at a run-down pawn shop.

To which was a place filled with a mixture of junk and supplies that can help fix machines or can be useful to sell other items in exchange for money.

In this case, Daffy was just rejected by the owner in the store and fumed out his exasperation publicly as a result.

"Bah! This is ridiculous! I waited all day to get someone to help me and now nobody will even tell me how much this old rubbish coin is worth." Daffy complained in a angry mumble, not knowing that Bugs, who was concentrating on getting parts for his ship at the time, overheard and decided to help the poor guy out for the moment.

"Here. Let me see that." Bugs offered.

"How do you know so much about this junk, are you some kind of merchant of some sort?" Daffy asked with a sarcastic laugh from his frustration before handing over the coin to Bugs, hoping to get a different answer from the stranger expert.

"Nope, I'm just a scientist." Bugs said while examining the coin for a bit.

"Well that figures. At least you have more knowledge about materials than those heathens over there who are not doing their job right." Daffy said with a small side glare at the owner who was simply not even paying attention to his complaints and rolled their eyes at him.

"Well if you want, you can join me for a little ride along to grab some other materials that I need out of the country." Bugs offered. 

"Oh that sounds nice. Where are you heading to exactly?" Daffy asked, curiously.

"I'm collecting some gems from Tanzania for a special little project of mine." Bugs informed right as Daffy's eyes grew big with money thoughts over his head.

"Precious gems? Are seriously asking me to go gem mining with you? What kind of jewels are getting anyways?"  Daffy asked with his eyes beaming at the sight of pure money that is just waiting for him to turn his life around.

This is the perfect opportunity.

With his help, I can finally get out of this smog city for good.

Daffy thought with a plan in mind.

"Oh just some Tanzanite gems nothing special." Bugs said, modestly.

"Will there be rubies too?" Daffy asked, curiously.

"I believe so. Although I've heard that they are much more rare to find. But if you can manage to track them down though, than I suppose you'll be able to gather some in no time inside the mine cave. By the way, this coin is worthless and nothing more than a brittle penny in the streets." Bugs noted before giving it back to him.