Christmas Love

Author's note: the relationship status in this episode is best friends falling in love. The Bugs and Daffy's friendship in this one shot, is a mix of the old version personalities and the new and is what if on how they meet the other characters like Lola and a pure inspiration to the lovely short comic above, whose owner I can't seem to find at the moment. I hope that you guys will enjoy this cute one shot story even if it's out of season. 🥰

Chapter 1:

It was Christmas time in Los Angeles as best friends, Bugs and Daffy, are in the mist of having their annual holiday party, which was always held in their house every year as guests bustle into the room with snacks and drinks to keep the event going all night long.

At around 7:30 PM., the party had just now began as everyone started conversing in their own conversations, including the hosts, Bugs and Daffy who were talking about how well the party went as they leaned on edge of the kitchen doorway. 

"This is one heck of a party Daffy. I'm glad everyone came." Bugs said while sipping on some punch from a cup in his hand. 

"I know. I'm the best party planner there is." Daffy said, proudly as he points to himself sophisticatedly.

"Oh yeah sure and all I had to do was let you pick out the decorations and put it on my credit card tab." Bugs smirked with a sarcasm tone.

"How we payed for the stuff doesn't matter, its the ideas that count." Daffy said, excitedly as Bugs rolled his eyes and laughs a bit.

Daffy has always been outgoing for as long as he can remember and yet, he still has to put up with his silliness over the years. 

Suddenly, a warm gushing feeling was starting to fill up in his guts as he smiles warmly at him.

Unwarily, Daffy was having the same feeling too as he tries to look away, embarrassed in response. 

They continued to talk for a while, until all of a sudden, Bugs looks up at the ceiling and flips out.

"Ah! Hey doc, who put the mistletoe up there?" Bugs asked as he and Daffy looked up at the  taped mistletoe in shock. 

They then, looked at each other in a confused way and slowly turn their heads to the right as they both glare at the possible culprit to the mess. 

"He he. Its not Christmas without a mistletoe boys. I'm gonna get some nachos if you need me." Yosemite Sam said as he winked and rushes off quick to food table, so he can find a excuse to not get yelled at. 

"Great. Now what?" Daffy said as he looks up at the small plant again, annoyed. 

Chapter 2:

Bugs then, decided to take this as an opportunity to tease him a bit. 

After all, it has been a part of their rival-friendship for the past 12 years up until 5 years ago, when they made a permanent truce as best friends and roommates when Bugs invented the carrot peeler.  

Even though they stopped doing tricks like these a long time ago, it was still fun to bring out the old traditions again for a change.