Chapter 28

Ryan's POV :

I woke up at 8:30 and saw that Remington was still asleep. I quietly got out of bed and got my clothes ready to take a shower. I walked into the bathroom and started the water.

I let the warm water run down on my face. I shut my eyes and remembered everything that had occurred over the last few weeks.

Remington.
Rook.
Drinking.
Travis.

All I could think of was Rook and Remington hooking up. Every-time I shut my eyes it's all I imagine. It makes me sick. It pisses me off. It enrages me.

After my shower, I shaved and got myself ready. When I walked out of the bathroom I saw Remington sitting up on the bed rubbing her eyes.

"Hey. How long have you been awake?" I asked walking up to her.

"Just a few minutes." She said quietly. "I need to go home and shower."

I nodded.

"I'll come and pick you back up?"

"No, Rem. I'll go with you."

She looked up at me. "Ryan, you-."

"It's okay. I have to get over it. It already happened. You're here now. It's okay."

"It's not okay, Ry."

"I'm trying, Remington."

She nodded.

When we got to her house, she unlocked the door and we walked in. I grabbed her mail for her and set it on the coffee table in the living room. I then walked over and sat on the couch.

"I'll be back, and I'll be quick." She said looking at me.

I nodded. I then watched her walk upstairs. I began looking around at what was our home. Everything was still the same. I then saw something that caught my eye on the opposite side of the room. I stood up and walked over to the small table. It was a picture of Remington & I while we were still on tour. I looked at the picture for a while. In that photo, I could have never imagined where Rem and I would be right now. I sat in my thoughts for a while until my phone started ringing.

I didn't recognize the number, but I answered it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Ryan?" A female voice said. "It's Jasmine. From the bar."

My eyes widened as I remembered. I met Jasmine the night I broke up with Remington. I bought her a few drinks, told her she was hot, and we made out at the bar. I was completely drunk and being an idiot.

"Hi, um, what's up?"

"Well you hadn't been answering my texts, I just wanted to check up on you. Was going to see if you wanted to get a few drinks later. Maybe do what we did the day at the bar."

"Yeah, no. I'm good. I'm working on trying to fix my relationship. I apologize for what I did at the bar, it meant nothing."

"Sex means nothing to you?"

My eyes widened. My heart dropped. I was so drunk, I was trying to think back on that night but it was all such a blur.

"Sex? What?"

"You don't remember my car? Outside of the bar. I think we had a pretty good time." She said laughing.

"I-I was drunk. It meant absolutely nothing. I don't hardly even remember anything."

"That's okay. Let's do something that you will remember."

"N-No. I'm really trying to work on my relationship. Please do not call this number again, I apologize for before." I said as I hung up. My heart started pounding and I was sitting there trying so hard to remember that night. Everything was such a blur though. I began panicking wondering how I was going to tell Remington. If she knows I was drunk, she's going to think I'm not capable of controlling myself. I turned around and went to go sit on the couch, I then put my face in my hands.