Chapter 38.

- About tomorrow, do you want me to come after you, or we'll meet at Magnus's loft?*asked Daemon*

Miya still hugged him and stroked his back.

- Do you want that?... Or it's because you don't want to disappoint Magnus?..

Daemon felt something in her voice that made him think of his earlier reaction.

- It's not about Magnus, or Alec, or anyone else, Miya. It's about you. I want to be there, with you. I am sorry for my stupid reaction.

- It's not about your reaction and it's not stupid. Hey, *said Miya looking into his eyes*. I don't know what you went through, but I am here, okay?
If you want to talk, talk. I will always be here to listen to you.

- Okay. I don't know why I am like this...

- It's okay. If you feel it again, tell me.

- Okay. Ah, I have to go, thank you for everything, and for your kisses.

- Stop being sweet with me.*said Miya blushing*

- See you tomorrow, my princess.*he said with a short bow*

- Coming from you, I really feel like one. Now go.

- What a nice view and so beautiful words. *said Asmodeus*

Miya pulled Daemon by his shirt kissing him and Asmodeus just rolled his eyes.

- Bye, dear. Asmodeus.

And Daemon leaves.

- You won't listen, right? *asked Asmodeus calmly*

- Never. If you are my real father if you care about me...*after a short pause*. You know what, just leave me alone.

And she goes to her bedroom.

° Magnus gets up from the bed, going to take a shower.

- Can I join you??????*said Alec before Mags close the door*

- Sure, if you want that.

They took a shower, get dressed, and headed to the kitchen.

- Let's eat something before you go.*said Magnus started to prepare something for them*

- Sure.

- Oh, by the way. Tomorrow at 07:00 am, we will go on our double date.

- Tomorrow? *asked Alec helping Magnus with food*

- Yes. Do you have another... plan?

- No, baby. Of course not. I can't wait. Where we will go?

- Somewhere, in a beautiful place.

After eating, Alec returned to the Institute.

° Daemon arrived home. There, his father is waiting for him.

- You are home, finally. *said his father angry*

- I had...work to do. *and Daemon takes a glass of water*

- With alcohol?

Daemon stopped for a few seconds.

- Yes. Why? It is a problem?

- The problem is, you didn't finish your work.

- Is that all that matters to you? Work? Problems??? *shout Daemon*. Come on father. My happiness doesn't matter to you? Do you think my personal life is not important?

- What happens here? *asked Daemon's mother*. Again, Dante? Let our son...

- Yes! It's our son!! We don't have another child, is his duty to...

- No!! That's yours! My "duty" 's son is to be happy.  We fight for this almost every day! I'm done! *said Katherine*

- Tomorrow I have my plans. If you are okay with this, good. If you don't... I don't care.*Daemon want to leave but.. *

- Tomorrow we have a meeting*said his father*. Raphael Santiago and Luke will be...

- I don't care...*Daemon cut it off*. For me, she is more important than a bunch of ... mixtures.

- DAEMON!!!*Dante shouted, but Daemon went into his room.* This child... She is so lucky to be a Princess of that place. I would love to kill her as I did with....*but he stopped*

- With...who? Who did you...killed, Dante?

- Nevermind!! *and he leaves angry*

Daemon took a shower, get dressed, and sat on the edge of the bed, looking at the two pictures he had with Dagon.
He sights and lets a few tears fall from his eyes.

- Daemon, are you okay?*asked his mother worried*

He didn't answer and Katherine knock three times.

- Yes, come in.

Katherine sees his son lost in thoughts.

- My poor baby. I hate to see you like this, again.*sitting next to the Daemon on the bed.*

- It's okay. It's not...something I can't get through.

- Tell me. How is she? Now you know her better now.

- Huh?

- Miya. *taking Daemon in her arms*

- Ou, she is....*thinking about their kiss*...sweet, beautiful, amazing...She...
*taking a deep breath*... Now I know why I was in love with Dagon. They are almost the same...*looking at their photo*

- You found Dagon in her, ha?

- Maybe. *he shifts his gaze to his ring.*. What if we can't be together?

- Why are you asking that?

- Mom, I miss him, I... Felt something when I kissed her...
What if Dagon will hate me for this? What if...he would be disappointed when...

- Daemon... Don't say that. He was such a wonderful guy. He loved you. I know he would be proud of you. And I'm sure he wants you to be happy. No matter where he is now...

- He would be happy because I found someone else? Because I can replace him? *he gets up going to the window*

- Dagon is dead, babe. He will never come back and you don't replace him. He will always be there, in your heart and soul. Stop thinking about this.

After that, there was silence between Demon and his mother. He was thinking about a lot, again, but this time was more focused on what his heart tells him, and...he breaks the silence.

- Mom..after all these thoughts... My heart wants her. You know what..., I want to be with her.*Daemon said confidently, this time.*

- That's the attitude, son! I know this is what Dagon would want too. Now try to sleep, okay?

Daemon nodded and his mom left.