Chapter 5.

° It's been a month since Magnus started to work with them.
The relationship between Magnus and Alec was nice. But still a friendly relationship.
Alec still wasn't sure what happened between him and Magnus.
He knows that he was madly in love with Magnus, but Alec was afraid that he didn't feel the same.
He was afraid of what his parents will think. About Alec being gay and Magnus being a guy. A warlock one.
Maryes and Robert respect Magnus.

Another month passed and it was the same.
Alec loves Magnus without telling him. All of them being together, Isabelle started to love Magnus (brother way), killing demons, going out, and other normal stuff. Buuuut still something happened

Robert cheats on Maryes and she found out. Alec and Jace quarreled very badly with their father and he leaves and goes to the Idris.

Their Lightwood reputation began to be not very pleasant. And they needed to do something. Maryse thinking about that something.

- Kids, we need to talk. *said Maryse while she preparing the meal*. Magnus, you too. Don't leave, please. We need to do something about our situation.

- What can we do, mom? *asked Isabelle*.

- What can we do to fix what our father broke? *asked Jace*.

- Me and the Inquisitor... *after a short pause* we made a decision.

- What is that, mother? *asked Alec confused*

- It's time for you, to get married, Alec.

- What? This is your decision??? What if Alec does not agree with this?*said Jace*

- This is what he needs to do. Even if he wants to or not. *said the Inquisitor*

- That's not fair! * Isabelle protests*

Alec looked at Magnus. He saw something in his eyes. But Magnus changed that quickly.

- Wow, that's... I will go out. *said Magnus getting up from his chair*

- Are you okay? *asked Isabelle worried*

- Yes, darling. I'm not part of this family, I'm sorry Maryse.

- It's okay. You can go if you want.

And Magnus goes out. His heart was broken. He lost everything.

- I feel in my heart that something is missing. My soul has a lost piece.
And now Alec is getting married..?

*After a few minutes*

- Hei, why did you run like that? *asked Isabelle sitting next to Magnus*

- Hei. Nothing important, Izzy. And I'm not running I... Am not in this family. To take part in this kind of conversation.

- What do you mean, Magnus? *said Alec approach*

- Well... I'm not, right? *rising his eyebrow* congratulations, Alexander. *and he gets up*
I can't wait to know your future fiance.

- Magnus. *said Isabelle but Magnus was gone. *

- What's going on? *asked Alec*

- You are so stupid, big brother. I hope you will realize. Not too late, I hope.

- What?!

But Isabelle was gone too.

° Alec was sitting there looking at the garden. What's happened with Magnus?
He is jealous? Hurt?
Alec decided to talk with him about it.

- Magnus wait!!! *said Alec running after him, but he didn't stop*.
I said wait!!! *and he grabbed Magnus's hand*. Where are you running like this? Again.

- Nowhere. Home, I think. *said Magnus without looking at him*

- What's wrong? And don't tell me "nothing".

- But it's nothing Alexander. Maryes is waiting for you.

He wanted to leave but Alec didn't let him go.

- Magnus I...

- What?

- I want to talk with you. To ask you something.

- Go on. *rolling his eyes*

*Alec takes a deep breath* - Are you in love with...me?

- No. *Magnus said without hesitation. His heart was broken into small pieces now and Alec's too. But he felt that he had no choice.*

- What... *and Alec lets go of his hand*

- I had to go. Look, your fiance is here too. Outside with Maryes.

And Magnus leaves. Alec stood there, he couldn't move, breathe or talk.

Isabelle stopped Magnus when he wanted to leave the Institute.

- What's happened? Tell me every single detail. And don't forget anything.

- Nothing. It is how it should be.

- You don't love my brother? *said, Isabelle worried*

Magnus hesitates to say something.

Magnus? Answer. * Isabelle continued*

- No. I don't. He has a life, Isabelle. And I have a life too. And this is his responsibility. And you know that.

- Fuck that responsibility, Magnus!! *said Isabelle angry*

- Sweety, I know you love your brother. And I lo... * but he stopped*. I can't, ok? You know how your brother is.
" The Law is hard, but it is the Law"
I will come here to see you, Jace, Simon, and Clary. But I can't work here. I'm sorry, dear. I need time.

- Magnus Bane!!! You will leave me? That's how you don't love my brother?! You need time?! For what???

Magnus didn't say anything.

- Goodbye Isabelle.

- Isabelle, Where is Magnus?? *asked Jace coming with Alec*

Isabelle just looked angry at Alec and she didn't answer.