65. He's Yours

Friday finally arrived. Taylen has been overly excited all week. She loves planning the dances, and she's been on it all week. After lunch, we spent the rest of the day setting up the gym. It was the first basketball practice we skipped since Christmas. For Valentine's Day, I picked out pink daisies with the little white flowers that usually go with flowers in vases like that. I got her a small hair clip as well. I just happened to walk past when I was shopping for decorations with her Monday night. I waited until she wasn't looking and grabbed it. She loved every bit of my gift.

Taylen got me a box that had several little pieces of paper that were the "50 reasons I love you". I hadn't gotten a chance to look through them all, but I absolutely loved the present. It was super sweet and thoughtful as she knew that I struggled with self-esteem issues from time to time.

We had finished hanging up the lights and were taking a ten-minute break. Taylen and I went out to my truck and sat on the tailgate. I watched her as she was enjoying the sight of two little kids playing. Her eyes always brightened anytime she saw any little kids. It was interesting to watch.

I knew from talking about what we wanted in our futures that she wanted at least 3 boys, possibly a girl. I thought she had no idea what she would be getting herself into with boys, but I figured she could handle it. She claimed that she did not want to raise herself which was one reason she didn't want very many girls. I can't say I blame her for that. I have been on the receiving side of her attitude and lemme tell you, it was not fun.

Her eyes were still trained on the little boy pulling a little girl in a wagon. They looked very similar, so I assumed they were siblings. I took my right arm and brushed some of the hair that was blocking her pretty face from my view. She looked over at me and looked down at my lips. Giving her what she was asking for, I brought my lips to her for a brief kiss. When we broke away, she stared lovingly into my eyes, "Peter, I really love you."

"I love you too," I replied before planting a kiss on her forehead.

She leaned into my side for the remainder of the time we were outside. She told me what still needed to be done and gave me a few tasks to take care of. We went back inside, and we finished in an hour. The gym was decorated in tons of silver, making it look very classy.

She drove to her house to get ready, and I went to mine. I showered and put on my 'fancy' clothes. It was the same concept as what I wore on Sundays. Jeans, button-up, and boots. Taylen was wearing a dark blue dress that went to just above her knees. The color of my shirt matched it.

I left my house at 6:30, so I would be at her house by 7, and we could be there half an hour before it started so she could do what she needed to do. I got there at 7 on the dot. I walked to the door and knocked, eagerly. I was glad that she and I got to be a couple without repercussion or judgment. I was always happy to show her off any time I got the chance. I was fuckin' lucky.

Taylen came down the stairs, and I was starstruck. I had seen this girl in all kinds of different conditions. Just rolled out of bed to absolutely glamorous. She never ceased to amaze me with her looks. Her beauty was effortless, but when she put effort into it, it enhanced all the beauty that was already there. Half of her hair was in a ponytail, but instead of there being a ponytail, it was the clip I got her. She beamed when she saw me. Jason stood off to the side taking pictures. Carter was going to get Julie to take her out to dinner, and they would be at the dance later. Jason and Eden had been on and off the last two months or so, and at the moment, they were off. I knew that had also been an emotional rollercoaster for Taylen since she liked Eden a lot and wanted them to work out.

Taylen came over to me and I wrapped my arms around her waist and lifted her easily, spinning in a circle.

"You look absolutely gorgeous," I whispered in her ear and kissed her cheek.

She giggled, "You're looking pretty handsome yourself."

Jason had us pose for a few pictures before we left. I could tell Tay was in a great mood as she sang along with the radio and just couldn't stop smiling. Her smile was contagious. I couldn't stop either. We got to the school, and there was nobody there yet. I knew a lot of people were coming because their Snapchat stories were full of them getting ready. Taylen went to plug in the lights, and I was to greet people at the door. Somehow I always got stuck with this job, and I'm not the most social person.

Tay and I met up on the dance floor half an hour later. We danced to several songs before she started talking to Gage's girlfriend. I guess she had grown on Tay because they were becoming great friends. Gage was at the refreshments table, so I went over to join him. We talked some about the lock-in. He admitted that he had never been so embarrassed before in his life. He still was barely talking to his mom, and it had been a month and a half ago. I gave him the best advice I could, "You should really tell her how you feel and work together to relearn how to trust each other. You're moving out in 3 months, and wouldn't you hate to have that hanging between you guys then?"

He thought for a minute about it before agreeing with me.

Out of nowhere, Savannah approached us.

"Petey, could I talk to you?" she asked in a sickly sweet voice.

I looked to Gage for help, but he had already walked away.

"Please, it's urgent," Sav begged, sounding serious.

Like a fool, I followed her out of the main part of the gym and down the hallway to one of the supply closets. As soon as the door shut, she pushed me up against a wall and had draped herself across me.

"I missed you," she told me, "You've been giving her, all your attention."

"Savannah, she is my girlfriend," I said, trying to get her off of me.

"She can't give you what I can though, can she, baby?" she was trying too hard to make her voice as seductive as possible.

"And what exactly are you referring to, Sav? She is everything I need," I replied defensively.

"Only she won't satisfy you. Am I right, Petey?"

"Savannah, you will get on your knees for anything that walks."

"That wasn't very nice. You enjoyed it the night of the lock-in. I know what sounds you make when you're being touched in the right way, did you forget?"

"Savannah, that was a one-time mistake. A huge mistake."

"Honey, it is never a mistake to sleep with me," she said confidently.

"You slept with her?" I heard from behind me.

I whipped around and was met with Taylen's eyes boring into mine. She looked shocked and like her heart had just been ripped out of us her chest.

"Tay, it wasn't like that. Believe me. I was drunk, and I didn't kn-" she held up a hand and put a stop to my defensive rambling.

"Did you or did you not sleep with Savannah?" she asked, her voice hard.

My eyes started to tear up without my permission as I looked at my girlfriend. The light that is normally in her eyes was gone and her mouth that was almost always smiling was pressed into a hard line.

"I was drunk," I said quickly.

Taylen chuckled darkly.

"Wow, Peter, that's great. I hope it was worth it," she turned around to walk away but paused.

She turned back around and looked right at Savannah, "Congratulations, slut. He's yours."