10. I've Got Her

A/N: Hey everyone, first of all, thanks for reading my story! Secondly, I had quite a few chapters written on a different account and when I copied them over, I messed up some of the chapter numbers and even lost a few chapters. They're still on the old account but I have to log in and find them which is a headache in itself. So if any of the events don't match up, please let me know. Thanks again!!😘

Dad is making us go to a cookout today. Mom is out of town with some of her girlfriends, which means Dad can make us do bizarre things. Apparently, we are going to a person's house that is more than half an hour away.
We have to leave in about two hours. I was going to hang out with Seth and the twins today because I hung out with Alex and his girls every day this week. When I tried to get out of going, no dice.
Most of the day, I have sat in my room watching my show and pouting. I decided to go take a shower, so there is still hot water. I stayed longer than usual. I even sing. Granted, it was not very good, but it happened.

I put on jeans and a t-shirt, assuming Dad would not let me wear sweatpants to a cookout. I go back to watching my show. At two-thirty, Dad calls for us all to get ready. I walk into the bathroom, and Auston is in the shower. I put on deodorant and brush my teeth. Then I go back to my room and put on my grey Hey Dudes. I walk downstairs and wait on the couch for everyone to be ready.

Forty-five minutes later, we roll out. Bryson tried to wear sweatpants, and Dad made him change as I expected. Mason is driving, and Dad is about to have a heart attack. What's funny is that Mason is the best driver out of three. As we go around a curve, Dad is yelling at Mason.

Mason is not having it. He pulls over and starts mouthing. "You know what, you taught me how to drive. And if you do not like my driving, you can walk."

"Or I can drive," Dad replied calmly. He is used to all three of the triplets having temper tantrums. He motions for Mason to switch him spots. We still do not know why Mason went from being the sweet one to the most rotten one.

Dad drives the rest of the way while Mason sits with his arms crossed, pouting like a child. We pull into this random path right off the gravel road. It's a steep hill to go down. At the bottom, there's a small stream. To the left, there is a pad that has lots of trailers and tractors. Just past the stream, there is a house. Connected to the house, by the roof, is a garage. The front of the garage is all stone. It looks nice. We park, and all get out.

Standing on the porch is a man with dark hair and the one boy that was walking with Taylen the other day. When we walk on the porch, Dad introduces us. "These are my sons, Auston, Bryson, Mason, and Peter."

He shakes all of our hands then introduces himself, "Hi, I'm Jason and this is my son, Carter."
Carter shakes all of our hands as well.
We hang out on the back porch for a while. This guy is quite the comedian.

"Y'all want something to drink? I got all kinds of stuff inside."

We go inside, and he pulls open the drawer in the refrigerator. I can hear someone walking down the stairs. I turn to look, and there is Taylen. She is not wearing anything I have seen her in. She has black jeans shorts, and they are extremely short. Her shirt is white with flowers in the pockets. She has it tied up, and it is showing a lot of her stomach. Taylen's makeup is done up more than usual, and her hair is in a cute messy bun. Something else I had never seen before was her in glasses. Now she had on big glasses with black rims.

"Oh my goodness," she says. I run my eyes over her entire body. As I have said before, she is tiny, but she pulls it off. She turns red and turns around, and walks back upstairs.

Jason chuckles, "You can bet that I am going to be hearing about this. She is always telling me to tell her before we have company, and now there are four teenage boys in the kitchen."

None of us mention that we go to the same school. You would think Jason would know where Dad coaches, but I guess not. He hands me a Coke, and we go back outside. A few minutes later, Taylen comes outside.

"Can I borrow him for just a second, he forgot to do something, and he is about to get yelled at?" she says with a smile but her voice drips with annoyance.

Jason gives us a look like see. We all look at each other then bust up laughing. She is something.
"I've been on the receiving end of her yelling and it's never fun. She talks with her hands and even though she's little, she's a force when she's mad. I feel bad for Dad." Carter says, still laughing.
Jason returns a few minutes later looking like a well scolded little boy, and we all laugh again.
"Boys, I am sure that she would love some help. She is making brownies, and from what she tells me one of y'all knows her pretty well. Just don't forget to tell her something," he says as he tries to calm himself from laughing so much.

The triplets and I look at each other and shrug. I stand up first and go in the door. Taylen is standing on the other side of the bar. There is music playing from the huge speakers in the living room. She is humming along as she gets into the cabinet. It is too high for her to reach even on her tippy toes.

"Need any help?" Auston asks. I think he liked what he saw earlier.

"Yes please," she says with a huff.

She didn't change clothes, but she retied her shirt a little lower. She also was no longer wearing glasses. Auston walks over and hands her the flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa and vanilla she couldn't reach.

"Thank you," she smiles at him.

That's when she gets really bossy.

"Peter, will you hand me the eggs please."

"Bryson, in that bottom drawer, there is a mixer. Would you please hand it to me?"

"Mason, unlock my phone and change the song please," she said when a song with a lot of curse words comes on.