48. Only Warning

(Every few chapters, I'm going to have a couple of questions just to get some feed back on the book. Thank you for replying)

Questions for the Readers:

1. What is your favorite chapter so far?

2. Book suggestions?

3. Do you get annoyed by all the author notes?

I had a long week. I was sick Sunday and Monday. Tay caught it from me after insisting she come over and take care of me. She was sick Tuesday and Wednesday. I took care of her when I could. It was just a stomach bug, thankfully.

Thursday, Tay invited me over for the weekend to help with Brayden, the kid she babysits. I told her I was keeping Everly, and she told me to bring her over. So that's where I'm heading now. She needed to go grocery shopping and so we were taking the kids out with us. She already had Brayden and we were going to pick Everly up when we got to town.

I pulled up and Carter was putting a fence together. I waved at him, and he waved back. I got out and knocked on the door twice before opening it myself. Tay and Brayden were sitting at the table. She was giving him a couple of cookies on a napkin.

"How's my girl?" I asked while I put my jacket in the jacket closet.

"She missed you," she said and stood on her tippy toes to kiss my lips.

"Did she?" I asked cheekily.

"Very much."

"Aww," Brayden said.

We both looked at him and laughed. He was smiling at us and had his hands to his heart. He stuck his tongue out to lick a cookie crumb off his chin. He was pretty cute. His brown hair was curly like mine. He had gorgeous green eyes. He had a sprinkling of freckles across his nose.

After he finished his cookies, Taylen took him to the bathroom to wash his face. I sat in the living room scrolling through my Instagram. Taylen had made a post last night; it was pictures of her on random days and times. The caption was "Camera Dump" with a silly emoji. One thing I noticed about it was that was my girlfriend. My girlfriend that I love. After commenting a compliment, I clicked on her name and started going through her posts. She and Brayden came back, and I had scrolled all the way to 2018. There weren't many from then, but they were mostly of her and Dani.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

"Yeah," Brayden exclaimed and nodded excitedly.

"Let's go then," Taylen smiled.

We put our shoes on and got into her truck. I drove us to town while holding her hand. Brayden fell asleep on the way there and Tay and I were silent. Once we got to Leena's, she and Everly met me at the door. Brayden had woken up and Tay was getting him out of the truck. After hugging Ma and Everly tightly, I reintroduced Tay and made introductions of Brayden. Taylen put on her charming smile and persona while talking to Ma. Everly was already dragging Brayden to her room to look at her toys. As we were sitting at her dining table, Cody came through the door.

"Girl's trip, huh?" I asked with a smirk.

Ma gave me a guilty smile. We talked for a few more minutes before loading the kids into the truck. Tay and Ma said their goodbyes and Tay got into the truck.

"Peter," Ma started, and I paused. "I really like her, if my opinion matters at all. She's good for you."

"I'm pretty crazy about her," I replied.