58. Auston Was Right

"What in the world is going on here?!?" Mrs. Laura shouted as she opened the girls' locker room door.

Better be glad she didn't go to the boys.

We all froze. Savannah was sitting on my lap as we talked with Bryson. There was nowhere to run or hide. There weren't cameras in the main part of the gym, due to us changing in there sometimes. No one would've known we came in here, except it's now 6 o'clock and people are starting to wake up.

"Just what do y'all think you're doing?!?" she yelled again, "All of you are suspended, and I'm calling your parents."

One by one, she called our parents. Mrs. Luna, Gage's mom, was the first to arrive since they lived 5 minutes away from the school. She stormed in yardstick in hand. At first, I was slightly confused, but it didn't take long for me to figure it out when he started to back away and whisper no.

"Get your ass over here," she demanded, but he shook his head.

"If I have to count. I'll give you your full whippin' here," Mrs. Luna threatened.

"Momma, please not here," Gage begged.

"1..." she began to count.

Gage shot me a panicked look as if I could do something. I'm worried about my own ass right now.

He took his eyes to the ground and reluctantly walked to where Mrs. Luna was pointing. She put her leg on a bleacher, and he draped himself over it. A silent tear rolled down his cheek as he did so. Gage's angry momma wasted no time in landing 10 stripes across his butt and thighs.

"Tell your teacher what happens when you misbehave while living in my house," Mrs. Luna paused.

"Mom," he whined.

"Ok, you clearly need a few more," she said and spanked his bottom 5 times quickly.

"Ow," Gage whimpered.

"Tell her, Bradley Gage," Mrs. Luna spoke sternly, "tell Mts. Laura what happens when you get in trouble at my house."

"Yes ma'am," Gage said to Mrs. Luna. In a shaky voice, he said to Mrs. Laura, "I get spanked when I misbehave, ma'am."

"Tell her how."

He gulped and closed his eyes, "I get whipped with that stick on my bare butt."

Mrs. Luna let him up and apologized to Mrs. Laura, "I can assure you he will be punished severely. I am so sorry."

"It's quite alright. Kids will be kids. He is not allowed to return to school until next Monday and there will be no ball games until then as well," Mts. Laura replied.

"Yes ma'am, again I am so sorry."

"I'm really sorry," Gage said, cheeks still a firey red.

Mrs. Laura nodded at him, and his mom grabbed his hand and dragged him out.

My parents were one of the last to arrive. We lived 25 minutes away. Mom and Dad were furious as they came in. He grabbed my wrist and Masons and dragged us to the car. Mom took Bryson and Auston giving them each a harsh swat with her hand. My parents didn't say a word to us on the way home.

"Go get in bed," Dad said quietly as we pulled into the driveway.

I waited until he unlocked the door then I rushed to my room.

I stripped down to my boxers and found myself fast asleep.

A few hours later, Dad woke me up.

"Peter, get dressed and go downstairs," Dad shook me and spoke sternly.