40. Mild Altercation

Tomorrow is my 2 month anniversary with Tay and the day after that is Thanksgiving! Since I kinda messed our 1 month up, I'm trying to make this one a little extra special. I planned for us to go ice skating.

I was getting ready for school when Auston came into my room.

"Petey," he whined.

"What?" I replied also in a whiny tone.

"I need help."

"With what?"

"Finding a girlfriend," he mumbled.

"Don't know how much help I'll be," I said.

"Well your girl is hot, sweet, and I want one like her."

"She's mine," I squinted my eyes at him, playfully. 

He put his hands up in mock surrender, "I said like her, not her."

"What about Dani, Tay's cousin?"

"I don't know, dude. She's cute and all, but..." he trailed off.

"But what?"

He hesitated.

"Buttttt?"

"Well she's not Tay," he
admitted quietly.

"What?" I was dumbfounded.

"Taylen is everything, man. She's funny. She's sweet. She's a hell of a woman, and you got lucky. She'll make someone a damn good wife," he said much louder than before.

Um, hello?! I'm her boyfriend.

"Yeah, me. She's going to make me a damn good wife," I responded defensively.

"Yeah, well Peter, you've dated, what, two months? We all know you're going find some way to fuck it up and it'll be over," Auston scoffed.

"Excuse me?"

"Peter, what part of your life have you not already messed up? You don't even have parents."

Ok, that was uncalled for.

I glared at him hard as I stepped up and got in his face.

"You listen here, that is the last time you will ever say something like that to me, understand? My biological parents might've abandoned me but I do have parents who love me. You make another comment about my girlfriend and you and I are going to have serious issues," I growled at him in the most hateful tone I've ever used.

Auston shoved me away. That was the last straw.

I grabbed the collar of his shirt and brought him closer to me. Auston attempted to take a swing at me, I blocked it and landed one of my own. He let out a grunt and got out of my grip. He managed to land a few punches as did I, before we were separated. The other two triplets and Dad had come in and I hadn't noticed.

"What in the world is going on here?!?" Dad demanded.

Auston and I were breathing hard and avoiding eye contact. My body was sore and my lip was busted but other than that I was fine. Auston looked to be ok too.  Neither of us answered.

Dad snapped his fingers, "I asked a question," he yelled.

"Nothing," Chuck replied forcefully.

"It was obviously something," Dad chuckled without humor.

"We were having a discussion, sir," I said quietly.

Dad glared at the both of us harder.

"Discussion, Peter? Is that what it was?"