33

Finally Orcs seized coming, their numbers falling to minimum. At least around them. Mirani hugged her side, haven taken a pretty ugly hit whilst fighting one of the Orcs. She watched Thranduil walk around his dead men, looking at all of their dead bodies, as if not believing so many have died. 

A guard came rushing in, looking at Thranduil and waiting for a command.

"Recall your company" he ordered, and the Elf wasted no time in doing just that. Blowing one of the given horns to call of any Elven guards that were left.

Mirani shook her head and stood up, stumbling a bit before straightening up, avoiding any dead bodies on the ground. 

Gandalf came rushing in, leaning on his staff "My Lord, dispatch this force to Ravenhill. The Dwarves are about to be overrun. Thorin must be warned" 

"By all means, warn him" Thranduil replied, disinterested, as he turned to walk away, Mirani reluctantly following him. "I have spent enough Elvish blood in defense of this accursed land. No more"

"Thranduil?" Gandalf called after the Lord, but he wasn't listening. Mirani turned to the Wizard, but the man was already in a quiet conversation with the Hobbit, making the woman smile. At least someone was willing to step in and warn the others. 

They walked on further, killing one more Orc as they went, when in front of them stood Tauriel.

"You will go no further. You will not turn away. Not this time" she spoke with confidence, her face portraying no emotion.

"Get out of my way" Thranduil ordered, not caring for a word the Elf spoke.

"The Dwarves will be slaughtered" she tried, tears brimming to fall from her eyes.

"Yes, they will die" The Lord replied once again, not caring one bit.

Mirani's breath hitched as she watched the man. "Today, tomorrow, one year hence, a hundred years from now" he stepped closer to her "What does it matter? They are mortal"

Tauriel swiftly pulled out her bow, pointing it right at Thranduil's head. Mirani gasped as the guards behind her raised up their own bows, pointing at Tauriel. 

The Lord looked shocked at the red Elf as she spoke, her grip on the bow tightening "You think your life is worth more when there is no love in it? There is no love in you"

A sudden emotion no one could explain crossed over his face, before it was covered with anger. With one swift move of his hand, he sliced Tauriel's bow to pieces, making it fall apart in her hands. 

Mirani covered her mouth with her hand, trying to keep in a gasp. Thranduil pointed the tip of his sword to her throat "What do you know of love? Nothing. What you feel for that Dwarf is not real"

Tauriel looked at him with broken eyes, not believing what he said. "You think it is love? Are you ready to die for it?" 

Two sword came to rest on Thranduil's, moving his down. He looked shocked between the two figures. Mirani stood there, glaring at the man, her sword still raised, as Legolas spoke "If you harm her, you will have to kill me. If you fault her for love, you'll have to fault me too

He spoke, anger lacing his words as he lowered his sword, stepping in front of Tauriel. Realization came upon Thranduil's face as he looked up at his son in shock. "My mind has also been plagued by one of them. The young Wizard has captured my heart. Is it not real too?" he spoke mockingly.

Thranduil didn't speak as his eyes trailed from Legolas's to Mirani's, the woman moving in front of Legolas. A tear slipped down her dust covered cheek. Her lip began to tremble. Thranduil was in shock to see the White Elf cry. The women always kept her composer, no matter what. "It is one to wish death upon me, but to wish death upon others, including my brother is enough. My heart you mey have captured, but my mind you have not. I stay loyal to my family. And I will stay loyal to Tauriel and Legolas"