30

"-The Arkenstone is in this Mountain! It is a trick!" Veryan heard the Dwarven king shout down at Thranduil and Bard as he rode through Elven guards, all of them moving so he could cross. The people up front turned to look at him just as he stopped next to them, right in the middle of Bard and Thranduil, Mirani having sat on her own midnight black mare right besides Thranduil.

Bard and Mirani threw a question his way, but he didn't listen as he watched the interaction between Bilbo and Thorin, prepared to help Bilbo if he so needed.  

His breath hitched as Thorin shouted for Bilbo to be throw over the romper. Everyone else too were in shock by the king's words. When no one turned to move, Thorin took it upon himself to push Bilbo into the side of their defense, so far that the Hobbit's head was hanging over the edge.

Veryan's eyes turned to glow a bright purple, but he didn't move. Not yet. A rumbling voice cut through Thorin's angry shouts "If you don't like my burglar, then please, don't damage him. Return him to me. You're not making a very splendid figure as King under the Mountain are you, Thorin son of Thrain?"

The Wizard's words made Thorin seize his movement, his hold on Bilbo lessening. Veryan himself calmed down, his eyes returning to their normal black and navy blue color's as Bilbo was ushered down the side of the castle by the other Dwarves.

"Never again will I have dealings with Wizards! Or Shire rats!" He shouted in anger, his voice dripping venom that was once not there before.

Gandalf and Veryan glanced at each other in hidden concern, as Bard turned to speak "Are we resolved? The return of the Arkenstone for what was promised?"

Thorin turned away from the defense, starting to pace back and forth "Why should I buy back that which is rightfully mine?"

Veryan sighed, looking down to shake his head. Thranduil turned to Bard "Keep the stone, sell it. Ecthelion of Gondor will give you a good price for it"

Veryan looked up shocked at the Lord, but Thranduil just looked at him as if he said nothing wrong. "I'll kill you!" Thorin once again shouted in anger, having heard the whole conversation. "By my oath I will kill you all!"

"Your oath means nothing" Thranduil replied, anger starting to boil on the service. Mirani looked between Thranduil and Thorin, finding it extremely worrying that the Dwarven King kept looking over the horizon, as if expecting something, or someone.

"I've heard enough" Thranduil sighed exasperated, motioning for his guards to be at the ready.

"Thorin, lay down your arms. Open these doors. This treasure will be your death" Gandalf tried once again to talk some sense into the young Dwarven King.

Silence came upon everyone as Thorin didn't speak a word. "Give us your answer. Will you have peace, or war?" Bard asked one last time.

It was silent as a lone raven flew right up to Thorin, landing on the defense they have built. That moment, seemed to solidify Thorin's answer. "I will have war"

Veryan once again shook his head, disappointed that none of them could get through to Thorin. It was then that he heard loud clattering in the distance. Turning his head, he saw a legion of Dwarves coming from the mountain beside's them. Ironfoot.

Veryan quickly turned his stallion and trudged to Bilbo as Thranduil turned around, riding his Elk through his guard's Mirani following him as the Lord barked out order's for the guards to take aim at the approaching Dwarves.

Veryan quickly hoisted Bilbo up onto his horse, and rode back to stand neck to Gandalf as Dain, the leader of the legion, raised up his weapon "Hey, Thorin! Ironfoot has come!"