06

The very next morning Gandalf was the one to wake everyone up. They had their breakfast, packed their stuff, and left the Hobbit's hole.

Veryan turned back one last time, before he closed Bilbo's door and followed after the group, which was lead by Thorin.

As the boy walked at the back of the group, the two brother's slowed their pace and waited for Veryan to catch up to them.

He only noticed the two walking with him when Fili spoke "Morning, Veryan"

The two toned male jumped, but quickly regained his composer and waved at the two "Morning you two"

Kili smiled up at Veryan and pointed to his back, where a black case rested "What is it your carying, Wizard?"

Veryan shook his head "Please, call me Veryan. And that's my violin, next to a change of clothing"

Fili's eye's sparkled "You can play the violin? I always wanted to hear it!"

The other's up front slowed their pace and listened in on the three talking, although they really tried not to make it so obvious.

Veryan chuckled and nodded "Of course i have. It's one of my many talents"

Kili raised up an eyebrow "One of them? Can you play other instruments too?"

The boy nodded, lifting up his hand "Oh yes. I can play the violin, piano, drums, harp, flute and guitar"

Fili's and Kili's mouth's dropped open as Veryan pointed to each of his finger's as he named an instrument "You really are talented" Fili spoke to the taller.

Veryan shrugged "Oh not really. I've been alive for quite some time Master Fili, you find yourself wanting to try out new stuff. It just so happened I wanted to try and perfect as many instruments as I could"

The two nodded along and then Kili pointed to something else "And this, what is it? It doesn't look like a normal weapon"

Veryan smirked at the two and pulled the stick from his back, only to press a button on it, shooting blade's from both side's of the stick, which was now the hilt for the Wizard to hold onto.

The Dwarfs that turned to look gasped as Kili and Fili jumped back "This, is a retractable blade. Press one button on it, and just like that it becomes a weapon, press the button again, and well-" the blade's retreated back "-it becomes an unimportant stick"

The brother's glanced at one another, and quickly went for the weapon, Kili grabbing it first, starting to press the button that was well hidden in the bark of the hilt. Veryan chuckled along as the brother's were in aw at his weapon, not really noticing the others taking interest as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I said it. Didn't i say it? Coming here was a waste of time" "That's true enough" "Ridiculous nation. Use a Hobbit? A Halfling?" "Whose idea was it anyway?" The Dwarfs argues amongst themselves about loosing their Burglar.

"Wait! Wait!" They heard shouting from the woods. The group stopped and turned to look who it was, only to be surprised to see Bilbo.

Thorin looked in amazement at the Hobbit as he finally neared them "I signed it" he spoke out of breath, waving the paper about.

"Here" he handed the paper to Balin, looking rather happy and proud of himself.

"Everything appears to be in order. Welcome, Master Baggins, to the Company of Thorin Oakenshield" Balin said after reading over the paper himself.

Balin winked at the Hobbit, happy to have him. Thorin was also smiling at the male, but decided not to show it as much. "Give him a pony" he ordered.

At this Bilbo quickly jumped up "No, no, that won't be necessary. Thank you. I'm sure i can keep up on foot. I've done my fair share of walking holidays, you know?"