17

It wasn't deep into the woods that Thorin decided to lead along side Veryan, and the Human didn't mind it at all. His magic has tuned in the moment they stepped into Mirkwood, sensing toxins in the air that it tried to repel from Veryan's body. He was glad for it too, since he could see the Dwarves blinking more often than not, however, little has changed from when they entered. They have once or twice lost the path, but it was quickly found under some dirt and leaves.

The complaints started to come too. Didn't have enough air to breathe, or their head was spinning like crazy. Veryan couldn't blame them though. He didn't. He also couldn't relate, so he tried to keep everyone together as he lead on the group.

"We found the bridge" Bofur called out as they walked up to a broken brick bridge, which was supposed to lead them to the other side.

Veryan silently cursed to himself as Bilbo looked down at the black waters "We could try and swim it"

Before Veryan could fix Bilbo's thought, Thorin cut him to it "Didn't you hear what Gandalf said? A dark magic lies upon this forest. The water's of this stream are enchanted"

"Doesn't look very enchanting to me" Bilbo retorted as he looked back at the prince.

Veryan shook his head at his friend's unusual carelessness, and with chatter behind him, he walked around the place, looking for some way, any way, to get across to the other side without having to touch the water.

"Hey, over here!" He finally called out to the other's as he came across vines.

Kili jogged up to him and took the vine, pulling a bit before turning to the other's "These vines are strong enough"

The Dwarf was about to climb them, when Thorin stopped him. "We let the lightest first" he ordered as he glanced over at Bilbo.

Everyone turned to Bilbo as the Hobbit turned to him. He first adored a shock face, before it quickly went to a annoyed one, too used to this treatment.

He took his first step onto the vine, and heard Veryan call from behind him "If anything happens, I will be right behind you" 

With a couple of trips, almost a plummet to the water bellow, and shaky limbs, the Hobbit finally made his way across the jittery vines. He breathed in relief as he lied there. 

Veryan sighed in relief as the Hobbit finally made it, and with steady feet quickly jumped from vine to vine, getting to the other side in minus seconds. Bilbo just gawked up at him, quite surprised the Human made it to the other side almost effortlessly.

One by one the Dwarves piled up onto the vines, much to Bilbo's dismay as he was about to say something. He stood up as soon as Thorin jumped up to him, unconsciously moving closer to the other. Veryan smirked as he saw this, but it was quickly replaced by a frown as he saw Bombur fall asleep on one of the vine's. 

Bilbo and Thorin on the other hand, saw a white deer. It stopped further away from them, starring intently. Bilbo looked over at Thorin and knotted his eyebrows "What are you doing?"

His question fell upon def ears as Thorin shot his arrow at the dear, making it run off in fright. The two argued a little how it was bad luck, before a huge splash cut them off. Bombur has landed into the water, snoring away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't in their list to carry someone, but there was no other option. It wasn't like they were just going to leave Bombur behind, so they made a make shift carrier and the strongest of the Dwarves carried the sleeping one.

It was also apparent to Veryan, that the Dwarves have finally started to fall upon the influence of the woods. They became loopy. Stopped once in a while only to stumble and blink rapidly. Veryan himself felt a slight nauseous feeling, but it was barely apparent due to his magic. At one point they've even started to talk to themselves.