10

Howls could be heard all over the forest and plains. Radagast rode his slay on the ground, veering away from the small group, getting the attention of the scout's, leading them further and further away from where he knew his friend at his little group were.

Gandalf peered from the side of a bolder. Seeing that the scouts were far enough, he gave them the signal to run. Veryan tossed his hood on, just in case, and took off running after Gandalf, being followed by the Dwarves and Hobbit.

They kept running, stopping, turning around and running through out the whole plains, looking as if they didn't really know where they were going, but Veryan had a sneaking suspicion he knew where Gandalf was really dragging them off to, and he knew Thorin won't be all too pleased when he finds out.

It didn't take long for one of the Orcs to finally stop, and sniff them out. They were forced to hide behind a bolder as the Orc stopped right above them. Thorin motioned for Kili's bow, and the young Dwarf nodded. He plucked and arrow from it's hold, and shot it at the beast, making the creature roar in pain, before it lost it's balance and rolled off of the boulder, catching the other Orcs attention. 

They've killed off the beats and Orc, but at what cost. They have been finally spotted. Now they could do nothing but take off running once again, having to run way faster then they did previously. Veryan did shoot blast at some of the Orcs, and did hit a few, but having to run in such zigzags obscured his vision and aim, so he entirely stopped and focused on running.

The group made it to the yellow grass plain's, small tree's surrounding them. The tree's weren't the only thing surrounding them although. The Orcs finally cought up to them, and were starting to surround them from every side. Now that he wasn't moving, Veryan felt his magic course through his veins, feeling them right at the tip of his finger's, getting ready to blast any Orc that got too close to himself or the others. He and Kili were the only one's with long reach, meaning they could fire at Orcs from afar. Veryan kept his magic at minimum as he blasted the Orc's that got too close to bit's, doing the same to their beast's. 

When a shout came from Gandalf, Veryan quickly turned his attention to him, only to see him disappearing behind a bolder. A cave system. He turned around and kept on blasting the Orcs, which were coming back far quicker now that the Dwarves kept disappearing. Thorin moved not and inch as he watched his comrades jump down to safety. He turned around, and saw two more weren't inside.

"Kili! Veryan! Run!" Veryan glanced back, and kicked Kili lightly, gesturing to Thorin "Go!"

The Dwarf groaned in displease as he put his bow back and ran, followed closely by Veryan who kept on firing his magic, feeling slightly out of breath. When he was close enough, he stopped firing and maneuvered his body over the rock, sliding down, followed closely by Thorin.

Not a moment later, shooting could be heard from above. They stared in wonder and confusion at the opening, when an Orc came flying into the opening, dead, arrow lodged in it's head. Veryan walked closer and plucked the arrow from it's head "Elves" he announced in slight delight as Thorin grabbed the arrow from his hand.

"I cannot see where the pathway leads. Do we follow it or not?" Dwalin questioned the group as he stood further away.

"Follow it, of course" Bofur answered without much of a thought, and with that one by one they all piled themselves through the narrow path's of stone.

On the other side that they came from, Veryan couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle at the familiar view. Everyone stopped in their place to admire and aw at the majestic sight before them.

"The Valley of Imladris. In the common tongue, it's know by another name" Gandalf explained as he himself made it to the group "Rivendell" Bilbo and Veryan spoke in sync. One from familiarity, the other from aw.