32

The three figures moved around each other as gracefully as they could. Thranduil had now picked up another sword, swinging them both at the upcoming Orcs, killing all of them. Veryan maneuvered around his enemy's, slicing their heads of before jumping to another. Mirani herself swung her trustful sword, once or twice quickly pulling out her bow to fire at an Orc that was too close to either Thranduil or Veryan. 

The three were excellent fighters, able to hold their own, but it wasn't on only them to keep everything moving. To keep everyone safe.

As he decapitated another Orcs head, Veryan felt himself seeing black spots dancing in his line of vision, but he quickly blinked them away. He could feel every push of Orcs trying to get into the Great Hall, which only sparked him to keep the barrier going strong. 

Veryan momentarily stopped as a horn sounded, the sound the Company once sang reaching his ear drums. He stumbled back, tears in his eyes that he could not explain.

"Thorin...he's back"

Mirani, being close to him, stopped her movement as well, turning to look at her hopeful brother, and then to the gates of Erebor, where she now saw the gate destroyed, 13 Dwarves running out, weapons and shields raised.

She quickly turned back, walking up to her brother, shaking him back to reality. He slowly blinked his eyes, and looked at her, making the White Elf smile. "I know you want nothing more then to help them. So you go. I'll keep everything in check here"

Veryan quickly blinked his eyes once again, turning to run out from the gaping hole the Orcs made a while ago, when Mirani cought his arm. He turned to her, confused, and was met with her warm smile "Come back alive, alright?"

Veryan turned to her, and gripped her own hand, nodding "Alright. I only hope for you to do the same"

Mirani nodded back and let go, seeing her brother retreat into the blazing fight between Orcs and Dwarves, to help out his friends he grew so attached to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The male flew through the the fight, landing in front of a pack of Orcs, killing them in mere seconds. He looked around, trying to spot the Dwarves, when he saw Kili. He was fighting 2 Orcs, a third coming behind him. Veryan took of running, jumping up onto the third Orc, plunging his blade right into it's head just as Kili finished killing the two in front of him.

Kili's eyes lit up as the Orc fell forward, Veryan landing right in front of Kili as he jumped off. No words were said between the two, when finally Kili jumped in happiness, engulfing Veryan with the toughest hug he has ever given anyone, Veryan giving one back just as strong.

A loud boom came from right besides them, making them jump back, seeing that it was a Troll getting blasted by it's own cannon. The two turned to each other, and chuckled. 

"Let's leave reunion party's for later, alright?" Veryan joked as he gripped his weapon harder.

Kili nodded, and with that the two rushed back into battle, killing every Orc back to back, protecting the other.

They stopped swinging their weapons momentarily, when a carriage with goats stopped feet away from them, some of the Dwarves on there, Balin controlling the reins. 

"Hop in, lads" Balin gestured twords the carriage. Veryan chuckled and jumped in, getting quick pats from the others and a quick hug from Fili, before the carriage was sent into the direction Thorin was.

"-do you plan to fight your way single-handed to Ravenhill?" Dain just about finished speaking, when the carriage stopped in front of Thorin.

The King turned to the smiling faces of his Kin, and was very surprised to see Veryan there as well, remembering all that he said to the young male.