20

It took a bit, but Veryan finally found his way to the jail cells. Yet, when he got there, half of them were already freed and out, hugging each other. He looked on in confusion, but couldn't help the light hearted chuckle that came out of him when he saw the Hobbit unlocking Ori's cell. Kili and Fili turned to him, and with wide smiles, ran up to him and hugged his waist, Veryan hugging them back just as fiercely. 

"We though something might of happened to you. We haven't seen you brought down here" Kili said as he pulled away.

Veryan quickly jumped back to reality, looking at Thorin "Everyone's knocked down for at least 20 minutes. We have until then to escape. I'm sorry, but that's everything i could of done"

Thorin reassuringly nodded at him, and slightly smiled between Bilbo and Veryan "You two have saved mine as well as the other's life's more than once now. I can't express my gratitude"

Veryan frantically waved his hand's around "Show gratitude by safely getting out of here. Bilbo, have any bright ideas?"

Bilbo nodded "Follow me" he ordered as he descended the stairs, everyone else following as Veryan kept in the back, keeping an eye on all of them.

They ended up in the cellars, trying to be as quiet as possible as to not wake up the drunk guards.

Bilbo beckoned them to go faster, and they stopped around empty barrels. Veryan raised an eyebrow at the Hobbit as Dwalin turned to him angrily "They'll find us" "No, they wont. They won't i promise. Please, please. You must trust me" he pleaded with Dwalin.

One look at Thorin was all it took for the other to agree with him "Do as he says"

Bilbo nodded in appreciation as him and Veryan stood on the side's as the Dwarves piled up into the barrels.

"Why aren't you going in?" Bilbo asked the other as he watched Thorin climb in.

"Because, just as you, i have spotted the lever for drop off" he looked down and smiled "I'm a good swimmer, I'll be fine. You on the other hand should get into a barrel"

Bilbo shook his head, and plunged his hand's into his coat's pockets "I can't. There aren't enough"

Veryan shook his head and grabbed Bilbo's hand, dragging him along to Thorin's barrel "We can fit you somewhere"

Bilbo protested as Thorin looked at them questioningly. Veryan only smiled as he shoved Bilbo to his knees, and slowly pushed the Hobbit inside. When only his head was popping up he stood up, still with the quiet complaints from Bilbo and Thorin alike.

But there wasn't anymore time for arguing, as a horn for the escaped prisoners sounded. The Heterochromia male grunted and jogged to the lever, pulling in down. The floor beneath the barrels tilted, and sent them flying into the water below. Footsteps could be heard behind Veryan, and so the boy slid through the opening, falling into the cold water bellow, letting out a yelp as he did.

His forearm was quickly grabbed by Nori's, as the Dwarf attached his hand to the barrels, giving Veryan something to cling onto as the stream dragged them along. A shout to hold on came from Thorin as the group fell down a water drop. Veryan got buried underneath the water as his hand slipped from Nori's barrel. He resurfaced and tried to catch his breath, but the current kept dragging him back. A hand grabbed onto his collar and dragged him up, plopping him over the other's barrel. Veryan waved his hand in appreciation at Bombur as the current dragged them all over. 

A horn sounded through out the air, and the guards in front of them went into a scramble. It was a signal for the gate to be shut. The lever was pulled by a guard, and the gate shut just as they made their way to it. Veryan quickly tried to back away, but the current kept him in place as he got trapped in between the barrels. He once again got dragged underneath, the exhaustion getting to him. Instead of resurfacing, he ducked underneath and swam out, swimming back for air when he knew he wasn't underneath the Dwarves anymore.