01

A male, in his early 50' is seen sitting on a bench, right in front of his Hobbit hole. Yes, in fact, that male was a Hobbit, and quite a young one if we went by Hobbit years. He wore a yellow west, with a white button up, brown trousers and a baby blue cravat. With curly brown hair and deep blue eyes, the Hobbit was quite a handsome man. 

The Hobbit, Bilbo was his name, comfortably sat on the bench, smoking his pipe, when a man in grey robes stopped right in front of him. 

Bilbo looked at the man rather confused, looking around for a bit before speaking "Good morning"

The man, being a lot taller, looked down at the Hobbit, slightly smiling "What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning...or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not?"

Bilbo sat there frozen in place, pipe-end in his mouth, confused out of his mind as the Wizard kept on talking "Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning? Or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on? Hm?"

As confused as he still was, Bilbo took out the pipe from his mouth to speak "All of them at once, I suppose" 

The two of them didn't speak for a hot second, before Bilbo asked "Can I help you?"

"That remains to be seen. I'm looking for someone to share in an adventure" the older male answered, looking as if hes frowning.

Bilbo frowned himself "An adventure? No, I don't imagine anyone west of Bree would have much interest in adventures-"

Standing up from his sitting position, Bilbo continued "Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things"

He went over to his mail box and pulled out the content inside, flipping though them as he spoke "Make you late for dinner. Heh, heh."

As he was done looking through them, he noticed the Wizard hasn't left yet "Oh, ah. Good morning" and with that he turned around to walk back to his hole. 

The wizard huffed and propped his hand on his hip "To think that I should have lived to be 'good morninged' by Belladonna Took's son as if I were selling buttons at the door"

Bilbo stopped in his tracks and turned around "Beg your pardon?"

The wizard shook his head as he spoke "You've changed, and not entirely for the better Bilbo Baggins"

The other man squinted his eyes "I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"Well, you know my name, although you don't remember I belong to it. I'm Gandalf. And Gandalf means...me"

Something suddenly shot up in Bilbo's head "Gandalf? Not Gandalf the Wandering Wizard...who made such excellent fireworks? 

Gandalf nodded, looking quite proud of himself "Old Took used to have them on Midsummer's Eve. Heh, heh"

"No idea you were still in business" Bilbo answered truthfully as he took in a doze of smoke from the pipe.

Gandalf's smile bit by bit dropped as he answered the Hobbit "And where else should i be?" 

"Where else...? Ahem" Bilbo stopped himself from asking something stupid, taking in some more smoke. 

"Well, I'm pleased to find you remember something about me...even if it's only my fireworks" Gandalf answered the other, a bit disappointed.

Gandalf gave himself a little nod before continuing "Yes. Well, that's decided. It'll be very good for you..."

Bilbo smiled, but it quickly dropped into a confused frown as the older Wizard continued "...and most amusing for me. I shall inform the others" and with that the Wizard started taking his leave, of course, before Bilbo stopped him.