18

By the command of the prince, Veryan was lead by 2 guards present on either side of him, noting all of his movement so he didn't act out again. They were lead from the Mirkwood's, across the stone bridge to the castle, and a long journey through the interior wood bridge, which ended with a throne sitting at it's end. Veryan could only glance down at the long drop, before being lightly pushed by one of the guard's to keep his head straight and to keep up. Yet, the Wanderer couldn't help but look. The architecture of the castle was magnificent, bridge's connecting to one another and stair's leading further down. 

They stopped at the foot of the throne, the Dwarves being pushed again'st one another. Veryan could only stumble back a little as Bombur bumped into him, the Heterochromia male grabbing his shoulder's and stabilizing him.

Bombur grunted out a thanks before the person in front of them stood up. Veryan looked down at the stone ground beneath his feet as the figure descended down the stair's. In stopped short in front of them, not breathing a word for a moment.

Veryan glanced to his side, and saw the Elven prince stop close by him, looking dead on at everyone before his eye's landed on Veryan. He though he saw the other relaxing a little, but it could of been just a trick of the mind.

He turned away as quickly as he looked when the person in front of him spoke "What are Dwarves doing trespassing on my land?"

Veryan sighed as he stepped back a little, happy that he was being ignored for the time being.

"We didn't know trespassing would be forbidden in these woods" Thorin answered him coldly.

Thranduil, the King of Mirkwood and also the person in front of them, smirked and leaned closer to Thorin "It has become of lately"

He leaned back and waved his hand in dismissal, guards surrounding the group once again. The Dwarves quickly let out shout's of protest as they were dragged away, Legolas choosing to stick by standing there as the red Elf followed suit, leaving only Thorin and Veryan behind.

Thorin moved forward, about to speak his mind to Thranduil, when a gentle hand placed itself upon his shoulder. Thranduil watched the two with a raised eyebrow as Thorin turned to look at the other. Veryan shook his head, gesturing to the other's who were dragged away.

Thorin seemed to take the hint and backed away, making Thranduil only smirk at the two. Two guards came up and stood on either side of the two. Veryan kept his head hung low as the King spoke to Thorin "Some may imagine that a noble quest is at hand. A quest to reclaim a homeland and slay a dragon. I myself suspect a more prosaic motive. Attempted burglary, or something of that ilk. You have found a way in. You seek that which would bestow upon you the right to rule. The King's Jewel. The Arkenstone. It is precious to you beyond measure. I understand that" a sickening grin appeared on the King's face. Veryan could only glance between Thorin and Thranduil as the King kept speaking "There are gems in the mountain that I too desire. White gems of pure starlight. I offer you my help."

That's it. The King wanted nothing more than the jewel's he owned the right to. Veryan sighed, a boulder being lifted off of his shoulder's. It's a small price to pay for the help of the Woodlen Elves.

Thorin smiled, and glanced down "I am listening"

Thranduil kept up a stone cold face as he kept speaking his mind "I will let you go if you but return what is mine"

Thorin turned around, walking a bit forward as the King spoke on "A favor for a favor. You have my word. One king to another"

Veryan watched as the Dwarf prince stopped in his place. He shook his head and crossed his arm's, all but knowing that Thorin won't reply agreeably. Legolas glanced between the two, but refrained from doing anything else.