24

Night soon turned into day. People surrounded every coner, making just enough room for the passing by group. 

Veryan took short breaths, trying to look normal as he followed Kili, seeing the poor Dwarf trying to keep himself moving as well. 

They stopped near a dock, the Dwarves proceeding to climb into the boat that was ready for them. Before Kili could get to it though, Thorin pushed him back "Not you. We must travel at speed. You will slow us down"

Kili smiled confused, looking paler than he did hours ago "What are you talking about? I'm coming with you"

Veryan watched the two interacting, knowing Thorin wont let Kili go, no matter what the other said. He subconsciously gripped his side as he watched on. "Not now" Thorin simply stated.

The smile quickly vanished from Kili's face "I'm going to be there when that door is opened. When we first look upon the Halls of our Fathers, Thorin"

Thorin shook his head, patting Kili's shoulder "Kili, stay here. Rest. Join us when your healed"

A pained expression was left on Kili's face as Thorin turned to Veryan, about to tell him to get in the boat, when the other walked up to Kili, putting a comforting hand on the other's shoulder. "I'm staying here, with Kili and Bofur. I would be much more of a drag than Kili, so it's best I stay till i know I could be of use"

Shock appeared in Thorin's eyes, before it completely vanished. He nodded up at the Human "Catch up with us when your better"

Veryan lead Kili to sit down, sucking in a breath as he did. The pain was minimum, but deep. It was agitated before the healing process could be finished. And now, it could take even more time before he was back to full health.

"I'll stay with the lads. My duty lies with the wounded" Oin announced, pridefully stepping out of the boat and walking over to the two slumped figures.

"Uncle. We grew up on tales of the mountain. Tales you told us. You cannot take that away from him" Fili argued with Thorin, trying to convince the other to take Kili with them.

"Fili" "I will carry him if I must!" "One day you will be king and you will understand. I cannot risk the fate of this quest for the sake of one Dwarf. Not even my own kin" 

That, and the pained face of his brother, seemed to do it for the blonde. He climbed out of the boat, and was about to head to his brother's side, when Thorin stopped him in his tracks "Fili, don't be a fool. You belong with the company"

Fili, for the first time ever, glared up at his uncle "I belong with my brother" he replied determined, pushing away from Thorin and walking to Kili, checking him over before he held onto the still standing Veryan, helping the other stand properly as he did when they first arrived.

Horns sounded, as the Master walked up onto a lifted platform, saying some encouraging words, before the Dwarves that were left, alongside Bilbo, sailed away. Moments later Bofur came running through the croud, catching his breath as he watched the boat sail away. He turned to his left, and smiled at the little group "Ha. So you missed the boat as well?"

Veryan chuckled, but it quickly died out in his throat when Kili began to slump forward. Fili quickly grabbed the Dwarf "Kili? Kili!"

The Human male sucked in a breath, Kili was in much more pain than he was. The male bent down and took Kili in his arms, finding the other to be lighter than he thought, and he didn't take that as a good sign.

Fili and Bofur pushed through the croud as Veryan followed them close by, Kili resting in his hold as he panted, feeling himself loose energy.

"Please, wait" Bofur called to the Master, as the other stopped in his way of going back into the Great Hall.