07

They've waited till the sun rose to begin traveling again, but that quickly proved to be a bad idea. Rain drenched all of the traveling people as they trudged through the thick forest.

"Here, Mr. Gandalf, can't you do something about this deluge?" Dori called out to Gandalf.

"It is raining, Master Dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done. If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another Wizard" He simply called back to Dori.

Veryan snorted under his breath as Dori signed in annoyance, not at the old Wizard but at the terrible weather they were stuck in the middle of.

"Are there any?" Bilbo questioned the two in front of him. Veryan looked back at him in confusion as Gandalf spoke in his own uncertainty "What?"

"Other Wizards" the Hobbit made his words more clear. Veryan perked up at this, nodding in mild happiness "Oh yes, Mr. Baggins. There are five of them"

Gandalf nodded along, not turning to look at either of them as he continued for Veryan "The greatest of our order is Saruman the White. Then there are the two Blue Wizards...Do you know, I've quite forgotten their names." Bilbo nodded it slight understanding as he nudged his head twords Veryan "Is he the 5th then?"

Veryan chuckled and shook his head "Im afraid not Mr. Baggins, I'm merely a prodigy-" "Oh but quite a great one my friend" Gandalf cut off the boy. He was pretty used to doing this. He turned to Bilbo and leaned in as much as he could "Boy perfected quite a lot of spells, difficult ones even at his young. A talented soul"

Veryan shook his head and turned to Bilbo himself as Gandalf leaned back "If you really want to know, the 5th would be Radagast the Brown."

"Is he a great Wizard? Or is he more like you?" Bilbo asked, looking at Veryan before finishing on Gandalf.

The old Wizard took this as his question to answer "I think he's a very great Wizard, in his own way. He's a gentle soul who prefers the company of animals to others. He keeps a watchful eye over the vast forest lands to the east. And a good thing too, for always evil will look to find a foothold in this world"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally the rain has stopped as the group traveled through some plains, coming up next to a broken down house. Thorin stopped and turned his horse around to the other's, making them stop in their own tracks "We'll camp here for the night" he announced, leaving no room for arguing.

Veryan jumped off of his horse and looked twords Gandalf, seeing him look at the abandoned house with knowing eye's. But rather then going to him, he instead helped out the other Dwarves unpack what they were going to need for the night, each one thanking him for the help.

He did hear some chattering whilst helping Bilbo and Balin, and when he turned his head he could see Thorin and Gandalf were the one's talking. Gandalf looked mildly frustrated by the man in front of him, whilst Thorin looked mad himself. With a clear huff, Gandalf turned around and trudged to his horse.

"Everything alright? Gandalf, where are you going?" Bilbo asked, trying to understand why the Wizard so suddenly walked away from the prince.

As the Hobbit's eye's found their way to the prince, Veryan made his way to the now mounted Gandalf. He did not ask any questions, for he trusted in Gandalf to make the right call. He always did. "Be safe Gandalf. Come back soon, who knows when these Dwarves will need you're help"

As much as the Wizard was annoyed, he smiled down at the boy, and with one final goodbye, Gandalf took off, leaving nothing but dust flying in his place.

Veryan crossed his arm's and huffed, now he was the only one left that had to deal with the Dwarves.

He jumped as he heard a voice beside's him "Is he coming back?" Bilbo asked him as he watched on at the now small figure in the distance.