Chapter 39 sister

A birthday, I have never liked my birthday because when I was little I had an older sister and I had begged her to take me to the beach for my 11th birthday to go swimming and she go stuck in an under-toe and drowned, I was screaming when I couldn...

A birthday, I have never liked my birthday because when I was little I had an older sister and I had begged her to take me to the beach for my 11th birthday to go swimming and she go stuck in an under-toe and drowned, I was screaming when I couldn't see her to the cops where called. They found her body the next day down the shore. My parents blamed me for her death and would badly look at me after that.

I haven't celebrated my birthday in four years. I always felt like I didn't deserve to celebrate but when I met kade he insisted we celebrate so we did but I only every celebrated with him not other people. I don't know if I can have a bunch of people celebrating me livings another year.

I'm in the shower now alone with the door locked, I don't want kade coming in. I haven't talked much since I agreed to a party, I didn't know what else to say, but Ella seems really happy that she gets two more dresses for her birthday and mine. I should be exited that I can have a birthday, exited I get to spend it with my family.

But I'm not, and I can't stop the feeling a guilt that creeps up on my thinking about how happy rose looked like when I said ok to her throwing me a party that I don't want but I don't want to take that away from her.

I turn off the water and step out of the shower wrapping myself in a towel before going to the sink and brushing my teeth, finishing my skin care and staring at myself in the mirror.

I reach up and touch the scar on my shoulder from when I was shot, then move to the scar where I had Kades name tattooed and was then cut off. My scars are ugly I hate them they only remind me of the pain life has caused me. Tears well in my eyes as I cover the scar with my hand to remember what I looked like when I was perfect.

I think I space out because there's a knock on the door and it makes me jump a little "Val you've been in there a while are you alright?" Kade asks

"Fine" I say trying to keep my voice strong but it wobbles.

I hear the door knob jiggle "Valentina open the boor"

"I can't" I say still facing the mirror my eyes glued to my scars not looking away.

"Val please open the door" Kades voice softer, pleading me to open the door.

"I'm fine" I say my voice barley audible but i know kade heard it.

"No your not please open the door I just want to hold you" he says with his fist pounding lightly on the door. "Please, please"

I don't answer but I do cave and walk to the door opening it naked locking eyes with kade as I do. He doesn't scan my body like he would if it was a regular night, instead he wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his body. His heat engulfs me and the feeling of him this close makes my tears fall and I can't stop them.

Kade rubs my back with one hand and his other arm is wrapped tightly around my upper back. "I've got you" he whispers in my ear making more tears fall with the shake of my body every time I take a breath.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He ask after five minutes.

"Not really" I whisper into his chest.

"Ok, I'm gonna pick you up." Kade tells me before he picks me up and walk to our closet then setting me down and he grabs a black silk night gown and slips it over my head while h put my arms through it.

"I gonna take you to bed now" kade says as he picks me up and walk me to the bed placing me down lightly as he goes back to the closet and comes back out wearing pajama bottoms, he climbs into bed next to me. I cub left up close to him resting my head on his chest.

I can't fall asleep and I can tell kade is still awake so I speak. "Remember when I told you about my sister"

"Yes of course, why" kade says rubbing my back.

"I just don't think u deserve a party when she died because of my on my birthday, but I saw how happy your mom looked when I said ok and I didn't want to make her upset" I say my tears coming back.

He grabs my chin lightly and pulls me to face him, "hey if you really don't want a birthday I can talk to her and tell her that we can't have a party for you."

I push up off his chest and face him "no, no I just feel wrong every year on my birthday and I want to be happy but it's just so hard." One tear falls but i while it away.

Kade sits up and cups my face in his hands. "What if we visit your sister first, early in the morning and then come how and celebrate you"

"That will work" I say lip quivering at how sweet and understanding he is being.

"Don't cry, I don't want to make you cry." He says  when tears start to fall down my cheeks.

"It's just your being so sweet and thoughtful and I just can't believe I got so lucky to have you even after all I did to you" I say before hugging him and making both of us fall back on to the bed.

"If anything I got lucky, you are the best person ever and I will love you till the day I die."

"I love you more" I say then kissing him. 

"Not possible" he says before capturing my lips in a deep and passionate kiss.

Once we break apart we don't say anything, while I have my whole body on him and my head resting by his neck with his arms wrapped around me.

"Promise me something" I say into his neck with a tired voice.

"Anything" he Immediately answers with a no questioning tone.

"Don't say that I could be asking you something you could never do." I say jokingly.

"What ever you ask me I will do it now matter the cost." He says seriously before kissing my head and staying there.

"Never leave me" I say squeezing my arms around him a little.

"Never" he mumbles into my hair.

Word count: 1306
TikTok: classy_scorpio
Comment and vote
I'm just in a mode and I'm closer to deciding the final ending.