Chapter: 16

My eyes slowly opened and I was still in the room. When I looked down I had no blood on me. I can't even remember what happened before I fainted.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" My voice came out as a whispering, I heard some footsteps coming near me. "You're lucky I didn't kill you." Juan said but this time with a lot of anger.

My question is why he didn't kill me? There was no reason to keep me alive, or was it? "Why didn't you kill me?" I questioned him and he rolled his eyes. "Because I have a reason to keep you alive." He doesn't have a reason to keep me alive but I know he has a different reason.

"No, you don't," he raised his brows as I didn't knew why he kept me alive. "You kept me alive, but it's not the same reason, Is it?" He ignored me and just looked at me with those brown eyes.

"If you didn't shoot me, then who did you kill?" His eyes met mine and he fully turned to me. "I shot the wall, and you fainted. I have a reason to keep you alive." He argued back. Why isn't he admitted that he doesn't have any reason. "If so, tell me." I sat there still waiting for him to answer my question, which he refused to say.

"You don't have a reason, do you?" I smirked at him and his eyes were on the ground. "There will always be a reason for why I do things." He started to saying, "but I won't tell you why I kept you alive."

I might not know the reason, but I'm sure it's not for some business, there's something else he doesn't want me to know, I think. He walked out of the room without saying anything.

"Unlock her and take her to the bedroom," the voice was not close but loud enough to hear. "Yes, sir." Reid entered the room and he had a cigarette in his hands. He threw it away and stepped on it.

"I can't believe he didn't kill you." Confusion and questions filled up in my head. "Do you know why?" Reid shook his head, "I'm shocked that he didn't even do it." Before I could say anything, he continued. "But I know something he doesn't know, but I'm still not sure about the information. I haven't told him about that so I don't really know why."

Information? What kind of information would have kept me alive if Reid told Juan about it. Why isn't someone telling me about everything? It's not like I can do something with the information.

And I can't do anything to get some information from people.

Reid took of the tie and took my arms. "Go and if you try to do something wrong, I'll have to keep you in the basement and maybe if you run away I'll have to shoot you," This side of Reid, I never had seen this before or thought about that, that he can be angry and rude. It was a little scary to see him like this, but I did what he asked me to do. So, I slightly nodded and walked out of the room.

My body felt so numb and I felt sick. Being numb, tired and dizzy is the work feeling.

"I'm too tired to walk," I whispered to Reid and held his arms. "No, stand up we have to go to your room." He held my waist for support. "No!" I talked back, "pick me up or I will fall down the stairs and sleep there." My eyes were blurry but I could see that Reid was getting furious.

"Okay, I will sleep on the floor," he held me upright, "wait! I will call someone to pick you up." I started to laugh like I had ten drinks.

"Just sit down for two minutes and I will be back." He help me sitting on the stairs waiting for him to call help.

I rested my head on the stairs and my eyes started to close.

Before my eyes went close someone carried me, which caused me to open my eyes. I gasped and laid my head on someone shoulder. "Who are you, sorry I can't really see. It's blurry."

He shrugged and I didn't even need to ask again. "Juan? Why are you carrying me upstairs? Remember I told you 'fuck you' and 'I hate you'? I said so many bad things about you, but look at the gentleman, still cares about me." I said playfully and hit his chest.

"I don't care about you," he said expressionless and rolled his eyes at the same time. "Sure."

The door was unlocked, and he walked over to the bed. "Sleep now, you're so tired." He said, before he could walk away I took his hand.

"I'm sorry to saying the bad things. What I said was to just annoy you, I'm sorry." You held his hands tighter and his other hand was on your cheeks. He came closer and wiped away your tears. He laid his lips on your forehead and gave you small kisses.

"I know, it's okay. It's not your fault. You said what you thought was best to say." I wasn't sure but it looked like he gave me a small smile before standing up.

"Don't leave... please," at this point I knew he looked at me and thought, 'is she okay?'

Yeah Juan, I'm fine.

"Sleep with me. I'm very scared, please?" I asked him one more time and he took off his shoes and climbed on the bed going to the other side.

I turned around to face him, but he dragged me by my waist and pulled me closer and put his arms around me. "Now you can sleep peacefully. Don't be scared, okay?"

"Don't leave," was all I could say before I ended up closing my eyes, my head was resting on his neck.

He was drawing on my back and playing with my hair. "Sorry," I heard him say. I wanted to say something but I wanted to hear if he was saying something more. 

His scent was so nice, it smelled like every other men's perfume but this one was better, he kinda smelled like a rose.

"You smell so good," my eyes widened when I realized I said it out loud. "You're awake?" he asked, but I just pretended to sleep.

He started to laugh, "I know you're awake." I looked up at him. "I was sleepy but your scent is too good to not sleep." He gave me a small smile and ran his thumb over my lips. He took my face and brought it closer and gave me a peck. "Now sleep. I'm tired too." 

He was tired after hearing his voice. I held him closer and put my arms around his torso and just kept smelling him. 

But the smell was recognizable. 

----------

If Juan killed Valerie in the story, the book would have been completed, because she would have died. He wanted to shoot her in the forehead and not somewhere else. I know there can be a chance to survive, but it's most likely that she would have died. 

So, I hope you liked this story. 

Sorry for posting the chapter after 5 days or so, it's because I was just in pain and I'm trying to recover :)

I know I posted on TikTok, it's because I don't have to write that much there, but here. Plus, it's a book so it takes time :)

Social media:

TikTok: alisha90300

Instagram: alisha903000