Chapter: 7

Tears were streaming down my face and I cried for hours.

"Mom please forgive me, I won't be able to save people. I just wanted to do something to make you happy and now I can't." I said sobbing and my heart was hurting from just crying all time, and it hurts to not fulfill my mom's dream.

If I had just never gone to the graduation that day or had just gone with someone else I would be safe. This is just my dad's fault, he could have not killed his mother.

I don't even know the reason why my dad killed her.

The door barge opened and Juan came inside with my phone. "Tell this person to stop calling you. It's so fucking irritating!" He said throwing the phone at me. I looked down, "how I'm I supposed to pick up when I can't move my hands?" He rolled his eyes and came over, took my phone, and held it in front of my face, "before I pick up. If you tell this person anything, she or he will be killed too."

"No!" I said immediately not wanting to put other people in trouble. "Okay, I won't say anything. I promise." He took up the phone. "Finally Valerie, you picked up. I called you yesterday but you never picked my phone up." She explained to me.

I cleared my throat, "yeah sorry, my phone died yesterday. So how did the date go?" I asked her glaring at the phone. "It was awesome, I love him so much and he loves me too. After the date, we went to the movies. My life is so much better! All thanks to you! You're a lifesaver." She said and I giggled.

"You're welcome, my friend. No need to thank me." Maria sounded so happy I wish I could see her face right now and hug her. "God bless you and Jack, Maria." I was smiling at the phone because I missed Maria so much, and it's just been a day.

"But Maria," I started by saying "I will be out of town for a few days or weeks so I won't be able to pick up the phone or call you back. I'm sorry." I was nervous, what if she thinks I'm lying, or what if she gets the hint and knows I'm in trouble?

It was quiet for a while. "Yeah... sure, I guess." She sounded so disappointed. "But thank you so much my love, and bye and remember to call me when you're back!" she said kissing through the phone.

"Yeah, yeah, I love you and I will make sure to call you first when I'm back. Bye love ya." Then he hung up the phone.

"Finally." He said in relief. "I thought your stupid friend would never shut up." I looked up at him with anger. "Don't disrespect my best friend you idiot." Rolling my eyes I turned around my face to the wall and he closed the door behind him.

I closed my eyes to take an uncomfortable power nap while my hands were locked.

*******§*******

"Wake up!" My eyes slowly opened and he handed me some food. "Here eat it."

"Here eat it." I mocked him, am I supposed to eat with my mouth and just mouth?. "Do I look like a dog?" I question him trying to reach for the food with my hands. "If you open then I will be able to reach for the food and eat it." I shrugged and looked at him and he just stood there like he didn't understand any words.

"I'm not taking your handcuffs off." He said taking the food from my lap and sat down next to me. He opened the food and took the fork, and held it in front of my mouth. "Seriously, pasta? I'm not hungry." I said to him because I'm not a huge fan of pasta, but he held my cheeks so hard that my mouth automatically opened, "eat it, I said." I rolled my eyes and leaned forward and took the bite from the fork.

"Don't think I have forgiven you about earlier." He looked up and held the fork near my mouth. "I wasn't even planning on asking you to forgive me." He said shrugging and giving me a mouth full of pasta.

"I have a question," I asked him while swallowing the food, and he froze and he put the fork down looking up at me with those light brown eyes. "What?" he said putting the food aside. I didn't know if I should ask him or not, but here goes nothing.

"You won't like this," I said letting him rethink if he wants me to ask the question. "Go ahead," that's the only thing he said so I continued. "How did you and your girlfriend meet?" I could see he tensed up and he looked at me and turned his body away from me to the side.

I could see him smile, he smiled because he thought of her.

"She... she was the most generous, gorgeous, beautiful girl I ever met." he started by saying, he smiled while talking about her. "We first met in a coffee shop, I was the barista and she was in the line waiting for her to order." he looked down and played with the ring he had on his left hand on his ring finger.

"When I met her I looked inside her eyes, I fell in love with her, because of her smile, the way she laughed, and her beautiful brown eyes. Gosh, if I knew she would be gone because of me I would have protected her all the way." a tear fell on his cheeks so he wiped it away, and my heart broke too.

"She was my life. I mean she is my life, but I don't know where she is. I have tried for years to find her, no sign." he looked over at me with a disgusted face, and there he was back with his attitude. I felt so bad, he loved her so much and my dad destroyed everything.

"I'm sorry," I said looking down because of shame. "If I knew my dad would do that, I wouldn't have let him. To be honest, I wish I knew where my dad had put her or where she was. And... sorry about saying she left you because of your behavior. It is my dad's fault, and I will never forgive him for what he did to you, your girlfriend, your mom, and to me. Never. No one deserved this, especially you and your girlfriend." I wish my father never destroyed someone else's life for something he wanted, I guess.

Be grateful for what you have, dad!

I can't believe my dad is like this. He's the monster. How did I defend my dad when I know how exactly he is to people and how he treats them?

"And I see your point," I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine, "if I were you, I would have killed you not even thinking about it, you've been through a lot more, but still you don't show any emotions." He rolled his eyes and took his elbows on his lap and he took his hands through his hair, and I knew he tried to hold back his tears. I destroyed everything, no, my dad did it. He's the reason for this. One and the only reason. I don't know why he did this, what was the reason and why did he kill his mother? There are so many questions but I will ask him, but slowly.

"Hmm." He hummed and he stood up walking to the door. "Thank you for understanding my pain, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to kill you." I smiled at him before he walked out of the room. I was sitting on a huge bed with a beautiful view in front of me.

Looking at the views reminds me of my own garden and at this point I want my dad to be gone forever, instead of him, mom should have been here.

I will let him kill my dad, and it is for the best, for everyone. He's a human but acts like an animal. Animals like him don't deserve to stay alive, no matter what or how much you love them.

Sometimes letting a person go away is for the better... for everyone.

——————

Poor Juan. He went through so much pain, I feel bad for him. He lost someone he loved the most and Valerie is ready to let him kill his dad. Valerie is only trying to understand Juan's pain and she knows it's also a little her fault because she's his daughter.  But what do you think?

Hopefully, Valerie understands how bad her father is!

Social media if you want to follow me:

TikTok: alisha90300

Instagram: alisha903000

love you all! <3