"Why would you do this? You owe us no loyalty" Bard asked once again.

"I'm not doing it for you. I know the Dwarves can be obstinate, and pigheaded, and difficult. They're suspicious and secretive, with the worst manners imaginable, but they are also brave, and kind, and loyal to a fault. I've grown very fond of them, and I would save them if I can. Now Thorin values this stone above all else. In exchange for it's return, he will give you what you are owed. There will be no need for war" 

"It's only fair we see to the Hobbit's request" Mirani spoke from her place beside's the throne. Thranduil turned to her surprised, not really used to the woman speaking out. "If it save's us a fight we might regret, then I think we should take it" she stated, her posture stiff like her voice. It was clear even she was new to speaking out.

Thranduil turned to nod after a moment to think "Very well then. By Lady Mirani's request, we will bargain with the Dwarves, but if this doesn't work, don't count on me retreating"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone but Mirani were ushered out of the tent, Bard turning to walk back to his children, whilst Gandalf turned to walk with Bilbo and Veryan.

"Rest up tonight. You must leave on the morrow" Gandalf ordered the Hobbit as the three walked through the street's of Dale.

"What?" Bilbo looked up at Gandalf in confusion.

"Get as far away from here as possible" "I'm not leaving. You picked me as the 15th man. I'm not leaving the Company" "There is no Company. Not anymore. Imagine what Thorin will do when he finds out what you've done" 

"I'm not afraid of Thorin" Bilbo finally stopped, trying to win over the argument he had going with the grey Wizard. 

"Well, you should be. Don't underestimate the evil of gold" Gandalf replied matter of factly, turning to look at Bilbo from ahead him where he too has stopped walking.

"Gold over which a serpent has long brooded. Dragon-sickness seeps into the hearts of all who come near this Mountain. Almost all, heh" he finished with a light chuckle, gesturing at Bilbo.

Veryan couldn't help but breath a sign of relief when the arguing stopped. He never wanted to hear of what terror a person with Dragon-sickness could bring. And he knew just as well as Gandalf what could happen to the Hobbit if he were to travel back to the Mountain.

"You there" Gandalf called out to Alfrid "Find these young lads some beds and fill their belly with food"

Veryan scoffed as he watched Alfrid trudge their way. When the henchmen was close enough, he gesture for the two to follow. They were led through an old brick house, to a room with two almost broken beds, and a lone window.

"Stay here, you scum. I don't need any more orders from old sicko here. I'll be back with food in the morning" Alfrid mumbled, leaving the two completely be.

Just when they couldn't hear Alfrid anymore, Bilbo turned frantically to the very calm Veryan, who laid on the bed, arms crossed over his chest. "I have to be there, Veryan. I don't know what i will do if i don't know what may happen to Thorin. And-"

Veryan waved a dismissive hand in his face, smiling "Would you just lie down and rest for once? I'll wake you just when the sun rises. Don't worry, I know just how much Thorin means to you"

Bilbo was still very unsure if he should sleep, or if he should trust his companion. But Veryan proved to be trust worthy, and he almost never went against his word, so this time, Bilbo decided to stop thinking about Thorin's health, and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A gentle hand shook the Hobbit awake. Bilbo groggily opened his eye's, squinting as sun rays filled his vision.

"...Veryan?" He asked sleepily, still trying to adjust to being woken up.

Veryan rolled his eye's and stood up "Better get up, sleeping beauty. Alfrid will be up here any moment, and i don't think the hundred old sheet's i have secured together will hold much longer"

Bilbo shot up from his leying position, looking over at the window, where a rope of sheet's was tossed over the window, being tied to Veryan's bed. The male did keep to his word.

Bilbo gratefully nodded at the latter, rushing to the rope and beginning to climb it no question's asked. Veryan too made his way out of the room, although, he took the approach to just jump out of the window, landing on the ground securely just as Bilbo finished climbing.

The two gave each other silent glance's, before Veryan found his stallion. He helped Bilbo get on, and with a final look back at Dale, he made his stallion run full speed through out the city, and into the line of fire.