Chapter 21

[No Proofread]

⚠️ Emotional chapter ahead. Let's cry together ⚠️
============ΦΦΦΦΦ=============

 Let's cry together ⚠️============ΦΦΦΦΦ=============

"

Mr Y/N?" The doctor called you who was waiting with Chaeyoung in the hospital's waiting room.

"I am,"

"She's awake, but I need to talk about your mother's condition first, sir," The doctor said.

"It's okay Y/N. I'll wait here," Chaeyoung patted your back to reassure you. Before Chaeyoung could sit back, you holded her hands which make her confused.

"I need you by my side. Will you?" You smiled softly.

For some reason, Chaeyoung felt the happiness. The happiness of someone needing her to be by their side. Most importantly, that someone was the man that she fell in love with.

But she knew, she was not supposed to fall in love with him. It was forbidden. The contract she signed with him clearly stated that both parties must not fall in love with each other.

However, for once. Chaeyoung wanted to be there for him especially now.

It didn't matter about love. Just comfort.

ΦΦΦΦΦ

You knew something was wrong with your mother's health, but you thought it was only because of your father's death that affecting her. However, after the talk you had with the doctor, it was clear to you that she was sick.

Cancer.

Last Stage.

Chaeyoung and you were standing in front of the closed door to her hospital's bedroom.

"Y/N, I'm here with you," Chaeyoung said softly, intertwined your hand with hers. Even it was not a lot, but that action was enough to give you reassurance and strength to open the door and met your mother.

Before entering the room, you gently squeezed her hand, to say thank you. Chaeyoung curled her lips and nodded her head.

Mrs. Go looked at the door, and immediately smiled to see that her son and her daughter-in-law visiting her in the hospital.

"You know," Mrs. Go simply said. The look on your face was enough for her to know that you understood what happen with her health.

"How long did you know, mom?" You asked sadly.

"4 years," She replied.

"Why didn't you tell me?" You took a sit next to her bed, holding Mrs. Go wrinkled hands.

"Because I know how it will break you down,"

Without you realising, tears started to fall to your cheeks.

"But it breaks me more if you are gone too, Mom,"

"I'm sorry, Y/N," Mrs. Go wiped the tears that fell on your face, kissing her son's forehead.

"I won't let anything happen to you, Mom. You are not going to leave me too. We are going to get you treated," You said, and stood up from the chair; determine to make sure that she cured from the cancer.

Before Mrs. Go could stop you, You were already out of the room. She looked at Chaeyoung, asking her to come closer.

"Rosé. You know that I already aware of your relationship with Y/N," Mrs. Go said. Chaeyoung nodded her head.

She remembered that night, when Mrs. Go asked Chaeyoung to meet her at the library. The night where Mrs. Go aware of the fake relationship that Chaeyoung and you had.

"Truthfully, I was mad at you and Y/N because you lied to me, to my husband. But please do know that I am thankful and appreciate what you do. To make my late husband happy before he die," Mrs. Go said sadly.

"You know, it is too late for me to get treated for the cancer,"

"Mo-" Before Chaeyoung could denying it.

"Hush now," Mrs. Go gently cut her words and took her hands in hers.

"Promise me, once I die. You'll show these letter to him," She handed her the letters. Chaeyoung took a look at the name of the sender of one of the letters, shocked to see the name.

"It's Ji Won's mother. I hid it from him," Mrs. Go said.

"But, if he knew he will resent you for what you did," Chaeyoung frowned.

"I regret what I did, Rosè. I would rather be resent by him than letting Y/N and Ji Won grow up thinking that her mother left because she doesn't want her," Tears fall on Mrs. Go cheeks.

"And I already send letters to Ara," Mrs. Go informed.

"That sweet child of mine," She chuckled.

"I found out that she lied to me that her husband was dead. I found the address," Mrs. Go said sadly.

"My condition is worsened, and I know I might not be able to see her soon. Please tell her that we are sorry for what we did to them. And promise me, you'll do as I say," Mrs. Go looked at Chaeyoung with full of hope.

She knew what she asked Chaeyoung to do was hard, but she believed Chaeyoung. Slowly, Chaeyoung nodded her head, and Mrs. Go let a sighed of relief.

"Now, go home Chaeyoung and bring Y/N with you. I need to rest. Maybe now I can go peacefully meet my husband," Mrs. Go curled her lips.

ΦΦΦΦΦ

Ara went back to her home after she got the news of her mom was in the hospital.

"Ara?" Her husband, Sun Woo called her name when she saw Ara walking into the house.

He saw Ara standing at the living room, holding an opened letter. The letter that she received from her mom, and Ara already read it before she went inside to her home.

"My revenge for our family is almost done," Ara said. Sun Woo sighed while pushing his wheelchair to Ara, and looked at her.

"Are you satisfied?" He asked.

Deep inside of her, she knew she didn't feel satisfied of all of this.

"Fate is with us, Sun Woo. They ruined them for us, and it is almost done," Ara coldly said avoiding to answer his question.

"But, are you satisfied with all of this?" Sun Woo asked his wife again.

Ara dropped on her knees, feeling weak and laid her head on his husband's lap.

"No, I don't," Ara replied to him truthfully. Tears started to form in her eyes.

"To you, you think of revenge for our late son and me. But I know, deep inside of you, You just want to be with your family again. That's why you went home," Sun Woo revealed the truth about what he knew about Ara.

His Ara. His Sunshine. His Wife.