Chapter 20

[No Proofread]

================================

After calming yourself down, you walked to your daughter's bedroom when the door suddenly open

"Marian," You called her softly.

The wrinkles on her face were shown as she was smiling at you. You were feeling so embarrassed because even though when you were mean to her, she was still smiling and be kind to you.

"How is she?" You asked.

"She's okay now, and asleep," Marian closed the door quietly and carefully, not wanting Ji Won to wake up from any noises.

"I'm sorry for what I did," You said.

"Y/N, it's okay," She curled her lips.

"No, it's not okay. You have been taking care of me ever since I was a baby, and being mean to you was not something I should have done, Marian. You are like my mother to me, and I hurt you,"

Marian walked closer to you, holding your face in her palms, caressing your cheeks with love and care.

"It's okay Y/N. I am just happy that you apologise and realise what you did was wrong,"

"However, I am kind of dissapointed that you do that to sweet little Ji Won," She said sadly.

"I know, and I regret that,"

"Then promise me, you won't do that again to her. She only have you now, Y/N, don't let her hate her own father," Marian kissed your forehead before walking away, leaving you alone in front of your daughter's bedroom.

.

Next morning, Chaeyoung was feeding Ji Won her food while watching her favourite cartoon. You pushed the front door open after coming back home from the nearest convenience store in your neighbourhood to buy ice cream.

"Hi, princess," You called your daughter cheerfully, but instead of running and smiling to you, she hid behind Chaeyoung, scared of you.

"Bad dwaddy," Ji Won mumbled as she twist the end of dress Chayoung was wearing.

"It's okay, Ji Won. It's daddy," Chaeyoung tried to persuade Ji Won, but she only shook her head.

"I bought your favourite ice cream. Will you forgive me?" You showed her the ice cream that was in cup that you bought from the convenience store just now.

Slowly, Ji Won stick out her head a little bit to look at you.

"Strawberry ice cream?" She slowly asked.

You nodded your head, smiling gently at her.

She quickly ran to you, and hugged you while her little hands trying to grab the ice cream.

" I wuv you, dwaddy," She grinned, showing her bunny teeth.

You looked at Chaeyoung, feeling guilty with what you said to her.

"Look Rosé, about last night-"

Chaeyoung cut you off, shushed you.

"I know,"

"You do?"

"Yeah, but what you did just now is such a bad influence, Y/N," Chaeyoung laughed.

"What? Asking for my child to forgive me?" You frowned.

"Yup, you basically bribing her to forgive you," Chaeyoung chuckled softly.

"I expect better than that from you," She continued.

You grinned and walked closer to her, so close that you could hear Chaeyoung's breathing.

"Y/N,"

"Yes?"

"You are too close," She said.

"I know," You smiled.

"Ah.. I-I'm gonna go now,"

Before she could move away from you, you wrapped your hands around her waist, bringing her closer to you.

"Wh-at are you doing?"

" You know, Rosé. Ever since I've met you, you bring the best out of me," You whispered.

"I did?" She replied softly.

" Yes, and I thank you for that my Rosé,"

Like time has been slowed down, you move your face closer to her face, lips almost touching each other. The living room was so silent as both of your heartbeats sound filled the room.

Ring, Ring!

Both of you were startled by the sound and quickly step away from each other.

"Oh God, it's hot in here," She spontaneously said it out loud.

You chuckled as you see Chaeyoung was looking at the ceiling while fanning herself before you walk away to answer the phone.

"What is it, Joe?"

"Y/N, your mom,"

"What is it?"

"She is in the hospital,"