59. Bloody Knuckles

Start from the beginning

"Fine what is it that I need to know so badly?" I ask, I have a need to turn around, a need to see if Beans is still in the car, safe. I've met some pretty nasty and creepy clients but that comes with this type of business. She's okay. "The whereabouts of Liliana Espisito." He clicks his tongue.

I froze at the name that just fell from his mouth. "You, you- how?!" I finally moved to get just inches from his face as his hood kept him dry but the rain only soaked through my suit. "How do you know her!" It wasn't a question it was demand.

"Hold on now, don't be too violent, I can see your knuckles turning white. I just need to ask you one thing." He shrugs his shoulders, my knuckles are about to turn red and it'll be because of him.

"What? What is it?" I shove his shoulders making him stumble back but he doesn't fall. "Chill will you, damn you fucking women are ruthless sometimes." He coughs then I kick his shin making him yelp falling onto the wet ground. "Not so dry are you huh, now what's the fuck question?" I step on his chest pressing my weight onto my foot and he wheezes loudly.

"Who's the girl in your car? She looks a little lonely." His wicked smile shines under the light and I feel my heart drop, Beans. I feel him pull my ankle and I ended up on the ground with him grabbing my collar with one hand, fuck I feel the pressure build in my hands as he stands on my wrists.

I kick my legs frantically trying to throw him off balance but I can't distract myself from the pain that's growing in my wrists down to my hands. "I'll teach you fucking Morozan's a lesson." He spits raising his fist.

Bailey's POV:

I lean my head against the window watching two raindrops race down to the bottom. Suddenly I see a body walking down the sidewalk and I slowly start sinking down into the seat. Maybe they won't see me. It's better if they don't. I sink until I couldn't anymore and I held my breath.

Soon the body came closer and I closed my eyes hoping it would just walk by but then I heard a knock, I opened one of my eyes jumping back in my seat after seeing the substitute who was really weird and who didn't give me a pass for my next class.

I slowly sit up rolling the window down. "Miss. Skeels?" He leans down and I shake my head, "Yeah right, I know it's you. What are you doing here?" He asks, this is very weird, I don't like it. "Uh I could ask you the same thing." I tell him fully sitting up and he lifts a shopping bag.

"I needed food." He says adjusting his collar, even in the rain, he wears a suit. I'm convinced he doesn't own a pair of sweatpants. "Now you know why I'm here, why are you here? Shouldn't you be at prom" He asks bending down to get a look at me.

"We left early." I shrug and he raises an eyebrow, "We? I don't see anyone else in the car?" He peeks around, "Uh yeah my date went to give something to someone." I say vaguely, should I go into detail or just leave it? I still don't really know who this man is but his eyebrow slits are pretty cool.

"I see, well I go before someone thinks I'm about to harm an innocent girl. See you around Miss. Skeels, tell Skylar I said 'hi'" He pats the top of the car and walks away. I still don't know his name. Maybe I should get it that way Skylar won't be mad or upset that I rolled down my window for a random man.

I quickly roll up my window and I step out of the car blinking at the darkness as the rain hits my dress, I caught a glimpse of his sillouete and I start walking after only to stop after hearing someone's foot slip. I turn my head into the alley, I immediately cover my mouth with my hands at the sight of Skylar.

Skylar struggling to stand as the man behind her hold her neck in his arms, they both look at me with different expressions. "So this who's been with you eh, pretty little thing if I do say." He smirks making her look at me. "Nice to meet ya, hope you know what this girl has done with her brother and cousin. It'll scare-" He groans as Skylar elbows him in the stomach making him fall.

I can't process what's happening, she's hurt, she got hurt by him now she's hurting him. My feet were stuck to the ground I wanted to move forward, backward, anywhere just not here where I see punches being thrown then a spray of blood splattered on the ground and the man stopped moving.

I could hear the beating of my heart, the light taps of the rain, and the huffing from Skylar who is now standing with her back turned to me. I glance down at her hand seeing it drip with a dark liquid, too dark for rain.

I finally heard myself breathe and out of habit I bring my hands under my eyes wiping the tears or the rain, I couldn't tell which it was. I couldn't tell if it's actually Skylar who's standing there.