53. Lands Away

*Play song

______________

Bailey's POV:

"Are your eyes closed?" Skylar asks taking the helmet off for me. No matter how much I tried she didn't tell me where we're going but I guess we're here and it already feels new. I know I haven't been here before and I probably didn't know it even existed.

"Yes they're closed." I chuckle feeling her hands wrap around my eyes, "Just extra precaution now let's go." She tugs me a little and we walk slowly under the warm sun, nothing seemed to be around us as she starts sneezing. "Ahhchoo ah shit." She cusses making me laugh, "Bless you." I pat her hands then put mine out trying to feel anything around me but all there was is Skylar.

"Thank you and we're almost there." She says, I nod slightly catching a smell of something sweet, not muffin sweet or candy sweet but a flower sweet. The ground is soft as we walk and it's something that just grazes my ankles as we elevated somewhere. "Are you sure we're almost there?" I ask holding onto her hands that still covered my eyes.

"Yes yes yes, okay now just stand there okay, and keep your eyes closed I swear if you peek I'm going to put you back on my bike." She threatens, removing her hands and I feel a cool breeze wrap around me. "Okay, you can open your eyes now." I listen to her and I blink a couple of times adjusting my eyes to the brightness.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEANS!" Skylar yells spreading her arms out with one hand holding a box and I look behind her seeing green fields sprinkled with bright flowers and my jaw drops, I look around seeing more perfection spread around me, behind me, beside me, underneath me just all around me.

We stood on a hill and she has the brightest smile on her face. "So what do you think? We're far away, sort of but it's quiet and peaceful, a place to just read I guess, I don't really know I don't read- wait- why are you crying?" She asks me putting her hands down. I wipe my cheeks with my hands drying the tears that I didn't notice.

"I love it." I lunged wrapping my arms around her body hiding my face in her chest. "I love it so much thank you!" I cry a little more, "Woah, don't say 'thank you' yet. You haven't given your gift yet." She laughs hugging me back and she taps my shoulder making me look at a wrapped box.

"It's your present." She smiles and she plops down on the grass and so do I placing the box in my lap and I start to unwrap it. Two envelopes fell out before I could open the box, I pick them up seeing my name written in different handwritings.

"Those are from Sage and Dean, they insisted that they get you something because it's your birthday so there you go." Skylar tells me and I open them up seeing bills inside, 20s and 50s. "Woah." I don't think I've ever seen this much in my life, I looked back at the envelope and the small message written.

Happy Birthday Bailey, Dean got you money for books and I got money for as many ingredients as you need to bake whatever you want. Have fun out there with Skylar, enjoy your first day of being 18 :) - Sage.

I read to myself. "They're sweet, they really gave me this much." I can't believe it.

"If you think that's good, mine is even better okay like ten times better." She brags before I've even seen it. I open her gift up and a deep red leather cover with gold lettering stares at me. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, in that bright gold lettering. I'm going to start crying, even more, it's beautiful.

"How did you? How? How did you? It's so freaking beautiful I'm scared to touch it." I attempt to touch it only to bring my hands back to my chest, I couldn't get a whole sentence or question out. My heart is going to jump out of my chest. "How did you get this?" I looked up at her and she smiles at me, "Pretty good huh and I stole it." She laughs my jaw drops once more.