Chapter 11 - First Date

Start from the beginning

We continued singing our hearts out, as a few cars honked at us for driving slow and almost crashing to one a another. "You damn teens!" a senior yelled from the window, me and Michael flipped him off and continued swaying and dancing to the music in our seats. We laughed as the song ended. "Alright alright enough of else i'll get pulled over" we both catch our breathes as he lowers the volume.

Soon enough we arrive to the drive-in theaters.  We pass by a booth, "Alright that'll be $20" Michael hums as he pulls out his wallet "Here mike" I pull out $10 and hand it to him "Nonsense i'm paying" "Mike I can't-" "I invited you!" "Just give me the damn money!" the worker yells out, "damn can't even wait a minute" I jokingly say as Michael hands him a $20. The man gives us a ticket "Here, radio station is 104.3, enjoy your movie" "Thanks" Michael takes the ticket and tosses it on the headboard. He rolls up his window and we head over to where Grease was going to play.

"Ooo we watching Grease now?" I nudged Michael's arm. He hummed in response as he parks in the middle. Not too far from the screen and not too close. Just right. "Let's go get snacks!" I unbuckle my seatbelt and hop off the car. He does the same and we make our way to a shack. We wait in line while we play rock, paper,scissors. We occasionally got stares from our childish behavior, but did that really matter to us? No we were living our best moment right now.

We arrive at the front as a cashier calls "Next!" We make our way to the front of the cashier "What can I get for you today?" the lady smiles, mostly admiring Michael. I don't blame her, he's quiet handsome but for some reason I really hated the way she looked at him. "Let me get a large popcorn and a coke" "Alright love" she smirks and winks at him. He cringes a bit and looks over to me "What about you babe?" my face heated up as butterflies filled my stomach. It felt hard to speak at the moment. I swallowed hard, "I'll get a f/d and f/s please" (fav drink & fav snack) I gave the lady a warm smile to anger her more, which worked. She clicked her tongue in annoyance and placed our order in. "That'll be $12.34" "Here let me pay"

the lady went over to the counter behind her grabbing our snacks and drinks. "Y/n I invited you here" "It's the least I could do, you already paid for entry" I pull out a $20 bill. The lady returns with our food and places it down on the counter. I hand her the $20 and she hands me back my change. She hands Michael his food and when she hands my drink she "accidentally" spills it on me "Oh my goodness i'm so sorry!" she says sarcastically. The cold ice goes in my shirt as well as the liquid damps revealing my f/c bra.

I could feel anger rising up "Oh it's okay no worries" I sarcastically say as a smirk grows on her face "Here take my jacket" He takes off his denim jacket and places it over me "Thanks honey" I gave him doe eyes and he returns a smile. The manager comes over "What's going on in here?" he looks over at the mess of the drink on the counter dripping off the floor and falling from my shirt. "Did you do this karen?!" "It was just an accident!" she pleaded as she twirled her blonde, mixed with hot pink strands. "Out" he points at the exit and she scoffs as she leaves. "So sorry about that let me give your change back and a new drink" he gives back the $20 and brings me a larger drink. "Thank you I appreciate it" I smile as we leave. "God that bitch" I sighed in frustration as we walked over to the car.

"Right?" he rolls his eyes. We arrive at the car and quickly sit down right as the movie began. Michael switches to the radio station as the audio of the movie was heard. I leaned against my seat and ate my snack and grabbed some of Michael's popcorn as well. This movie only came out a few years ago and it was still just as good as before. I lean my head against Michael's shoulder trying to find a comfortable position. I could hear his heart beat thumping loud. "Mike are you okay?" I raise my head to look at him. His face was red and he had beads of sweat. "Y-yeah totally" he laughed nervously. I laid my head back down scooting myself more towards him. His hands gripped slightly at the denim fabric of the jeans. He seemed to tense.
Did I do anything wrong? Maybe what Victoria said really was true.. He's into you

Michael's POV

God damn it, I mentally slap myself. I probably look like a total idiot right now. Why am I so nervous? I take a couple of breathes, feeling myself calm down. Then a kissing scene comes on making me tense up more. I look over at y/n who seemed calm. Just act cool. Just act cool. Just. Act. Cool. "Damn in the car too" she chuckled as they full on make out. "R-right" I scratched the back of my head. Thoughts filled my brain. How would y/n's lips feel...Wait. I can't think that now. I shake my head a bit. Just play it cool. I take a deep breathe and wrap my arm around her shoulder. She jumps a bit at this action, and eventually she moves closer. Her head now laying on my chest and my arm wrapped around her. This really is happening.

Y/N's POV

This felt nice. I could stay like this forever with him. But is he really even into me? But he has a crush.. I looked up at him and he starred back "You should invite your crush to these things" I chuckle "I.. I already did" his cheeks flushed in pink. I felt my heart sink to the pit of my stomach "You have?" "Yeah" "When? Tell me all about it" "It.. um.." he looked nervous "maybe another time then" I slightly smiled as he returns the smile "yeah yeah" we returned our gaze back to the movie screening. I looked back at him again. The way night time fell, and the light from the movie reflected on his face. His ocean eyes focused on the screen. The way his face was relaxed.

Maybe I do like him.

❦•❦