Chapter 39: Seeds of Sin

Start from the beginning

Pride: "But how?"

(Y/N): "Ok, in the shortest story I can sum up. I don't know. There is possibly this and that. But technically, my own origin, is a very sound theory, that has a lot of evidence that could just be a bunch of coincidences. But that doesn't matter. If it is all true, then it all started and settled about ten thousand years ago."

Pride: "Ok fine. Then tell me your abilities."

(Y/N): "Mmmm, no. You first, then I'll think about it."

Pride: "And why should I?"

(Y/N): "Because, according to our fight in the colosseum. I can easily obliterate you."

          Pride sat there with a slight smirk till they blinked and started to think. Realizing that there lie detection didn't go off.

Pride: "Interesting how you can think that to be true. But I was holding back during that fight."

(Y/N): "So was I."

|Haunting Voice|: "Stop talking. Leave now, you already gave them too much."

           Pride glared at me. Wings started to grow from their back as they grew larger, their skin becoming grey.

Pride: "Then how about a full out fight. Cause I doubt you could defeat me."

          I let my aura come out, consuming the room. Everything faded to black. Pride looked at me, scoffing. Their left eye turned orange.

Pride: "You may have your own tricks, but you aren't the only one who can grow exponentially. And we have been in this game for much longer than you."

(Y/N): "What's your base? Cause I think mine's higher."

|Haunting Voice|: "You're going to regret this."

          As Pride and I were staring each other down, ready to face off, the door from the back opened again as Envy came in.

Envy: "Pride, I think something's wrong, the whole... Oh. Hello there."

          Pride relaxed and turned back to Envy before taking a breath of relief and going back to their 'normal' form. I retracted my aura, brightening the room.

Pride: "Yes, Gluttony and I have just been having a little chat before getting to the whole, being apart of the group thing. Because that, is not up for debate."

(Y/N): "We'll see about that."

          Pride and Envy started to exit the room as Pride beckoned me to follow.

|Haunting Voice|: "If you think you can keep me caged so I can sit by this, you are wrong."

          Envy turned around and look at me.

Pride: "Yes, he has been quite talkative lately. Isn't that right?"

(Y/N): "Just a nuisance, don't mind him."

Pride: "Sure, cause it's just that easy."

          As we went through the palace, going to what I believe is the main lobby, I took in the lavish scenery.

(Y/N): "You guys are really leaning into the whole dark ages king vibe huh?"

Envy: "Well, it's fun. I mean, who wouldn't want to live like this?"

          I shrug. Pride opens a door and steps in, Envy follows, and finally I enter. As I do, I feel a fist connect with my face, launching me into the side wall. I feel a bruise forming on my face. I slowly stood up as everyone looked at me. All the sins were standing in the room, having fun. Envy and Pride seemed to have the most confusion on their face, while Lust seemed to have started scheming.