Chapter 8 - The Flutter in His Heart

Start from the beginning

Back with y/n she looked through her wardrobe. Her room was almost covered in clothes. Her mother came in knocking first and opened the floor "Honey I made- goodness what's going on here?!" "Uh dress up?" she placed her hands on her hips "I know your lying tell me" y/n sighed knowing she HAD to tell her mother or this would guilt trip her "Me and Michael are going to a party" "With adults right?" "Yes mom" "I can give you my dress from the 1950's" she smiled "Let's see it" "Wait right here" she rushed over to the room shared with herself and f/n. She went through the back of the closet pulling out a clear plastic box. It contained a red dress with a white trim at the end of the dress  and a white belt. M/n came back in the room sitting next to the hopeless teenage girl. "This dress was the one I wore to my first prom" "Aw really?" the girl starred in awe at the dress. M/n took the lid off and held the dress up "It's so pretty" "Just make sure not to stain it" she dusted the dress a bit and folded it back in the plastic container and handed it to y/n "Thank you mom!" she jumped into her mothers arms as they both smiled.

Y/n began getting ready placing the dress on and the white belt over her waist. She placed on white socks and her sneakers. "Perfect" she spun seeing the dress spin along with her. She went into the bathroom and curled her hair making sure her curls were bouncy. She sprayed hairspray and wore jewelry. "Y/N! Michael is here!" "Give me a minute!" y/n shouted back. As she finished the final touches of her look she ran downstairs to see Michael bonding with her father. She feels her face heat up. The way michael's hair was done, his new look. Something was different about him and she liked it.

Y/N's POV

"Have her back before 2am" my father said as Michael reassured him "Don't worry I will have her back soon sir" he shook my fathers hand. "Let me get you two a photo!" my mom squealed as she took the polaroid camera into her hands. We both were both "too far" from each other. My mom gives us a disappointed look "Closer!" we inched closer she sighed annoyingly and moved us closer as the leather of his jacket brushes my exposed arms.

"Perfect" she smiles and she takes the photo which I knew it would be awkward. "We will be back then-" Gregory came downstairs "Don't try anything with her and keep those hands to yourself buddy!" he shouted as we made our way outside "I'll keep that in mind!" he shouted back as I closed the door behind me. The cold night air makes me shiver. "You want my jacket?" Michael looks over at me noticing the small bumps forming on my arms "I'm good" "Here-" he takes off his jacket and places it over me. The scent of his cologne was strong.

"What about you though?" "I'm fine I got these babies" he flexed his arm muscles causing me to chuckle at his childish behavior. I stare up at the starry night sky and the half crescent moon. Tonight was beautiful.

"You're a star girl?" I looked over at Michael and back at the stars as a smile formed on my lips "Who isn't? I mean they are pretty" he hummed in response. We finally made it to Victorias party. Music filled the neighborhood as a variety of colored lights lit up from the house and backyard. We made our way up to the porch and knocked on the door a couple of times. Victoria opened the door "Hey guys glad you could make it!" she holds up the red cup of alcohol in her hands as she was dragged back into the crowd of dancers.

We made our way through the crowd and went over to the living room which was pretty empty. We sat on the couch looking over at the crowds. "I didn't think it would be this big" "That's what she said" he winked "Ew!" I punched his arm. "Hey guys" Richard came over to us and sat by my side. "Hey.. I don't think we met properly before pretty girl"
Then I remembered, he had that stupid bonnie mask. "Tch" I rolled my eyes "Sorry about that by the way" "It's fine I guess" I looked over at Michael who had that glare again.

"I'll go get us some drinks then" I got up from the couch and made my way back into the kitchen looking for really anything to drink. I opened the fridge as it revealed a couple of juice boxes, water, and beer. I grabbed one of each "Hey girl you came with Mike?" Victoria came back with marks on her neck. I decided not to even mention it. "Yeah we kinda live close by" I close the fridge "I see I-"
We then hear constant chanting "Fight Fight Fight!" we immediately rushed over to see Michael and Richard throwing punches at each other.

Michael's POV

We watched as y/n left the room. "You aren't going after her right?" Richard grinned "I laid eyes on her first man" I scoffed "We'll see about that then..i'll make her mine" he smirked I clenched my fist and teeth. He wanted to take advantage of her? Hell no "Wonder how-" I threw a punch at his face as he fell to the ground "So that's how you feel huh?" he rubbed the bruise forming on his cheek and got up "Don't you dare even think about laying hands on her" just as I was about to walk away he threw a punch hitting my head.

Y/N's POV

I ran over and wrapped my hands around Michael and pulled him back but he was too strong. Someone eventually pulled Richard out as he looked like he was about to pass out. Michael was going to go in it for more but I tighten my grip around him, he turned over and his face soften at the sight of me. "Stop" I mumbled but loud enough for him to hear.

A random girl took Richard to the bathroom to wash him up. "Hey victoria can I borrow your room, I need to talk to Michael" "Yeah of course go ahead" she took another sip of the alcohol and the music started playing again and everyone went back as if nothing happened. I leaned over to Michael and pulled on his ear "Ow ow! Hey!" I dragged him upstairs. I opened the first door to reveal a couple making out "Sorry!" I closed the door back and opened the next one. It was pink filled with accessories on the wall. This had to be Victoria's room. I pulled Michael inside and closed the door behind me.

"What we're you thinking mike?!" he held his head down. I shook my head and pulled his face up by his chin for him to look up at me. "Why did you do it" "You wouldn't understand.." "Then make me understand" he goes over to the bed and sits down and I sit next to him. "He was talking badly about you. I couldn't sit there and let him talk to you like that" "What was he saying?" "I'm not comfortable with saying it" I hummed in response. "Well thank you.. you're not hurt are you?" "No" I looked over at his face then down at his knuckles which was covered in blood "Go wash your hands, i'll be downstairs" I get up and before I could leave I run back to Michael and grab his shoulder to lean him down to my heigh and I kiss his cheek. "Thank you" He looked at me with a shocked face and I smiled and left the room.

Michael's POV

My heart fluttered as she placed her warm soft lips on my cheek. Her soft smile warmed my heart. I could feel my face heat up the more I thought about it. I made my way to the bathroom and washed the blood out of my hands and made my way downstairs. There I saw her dancing with her friend.  The way her hair swayed along with her dress. My jacket still over her shoulders. She was beautiful.

❦•❦