Chapter 11

Lorelei let out a deep breath as she wiped the sweat off of her forehead with the back of her hand. Her arms wobbled as she pushed herself up. She swung her legs off the edge of the bed and scanned the floor for her clothes. She was about to stand when Jesse came out of the bathroom. He was still breathing heavily.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

Lorelei raised a brow. She thought it was obvious that she was getting prepared to leave. She was sure that he would not want her hanging around his apartment. They had sex, and she was sure that he would want her to leave now.

"You should stay," he said. "Even if it is for only a little bit."

"Why?" Lorelei asked.

Confusion flashed across Jesse's face.

"Aftercare is important," he said.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

He sat down on the edge of the bed next to Lorelei. He put his arm around her shoulders.

"We didn't do anything too extreme," he said. "But, it's important to debrief and for a dom to take care of a sub after."

"Why?" Lorelei asked.

"It helps you safely come back to reality," he said. He brushed a piece of her hair behind her ear. "There's something called sub drop. It comes from all the adrenaline you're experiencing disappearing quickly. Aftercare helps with that."

Lorelei nodded. She realized that there was so much about this world that she did not understand.

Jesse lied back down on the bed and motioned for Lorelei to do the same. Lorelei lied beside him. She rested her head on his chest and threw her leg over his. She rested her hand on his hard chest. Jesse wrapped his arms around Lorelei. He grazed his fingers along her back and goosebumps spread across her skin. Jesse mistook it as her being cold and grabbed the blanket off the end of the bed.

"How was it?" Jesse asked.

"It was fun," Lorelei said.

Jesse smiled before kissing the top of Lorelei's head. She ran her hand over her messy hair. Her skin was slick with sweat and she was sure that her make-up was a mess.

"I'm glad," Jesse said. "It didn't want to start off with anything too intense."

"Thank you," she said.

Jesse kissed her head again. His fingers trailed up her back and into her hair. She yawned, not realizing how tired she was. Exhaustion weighed heavily on her bones. She closed her eyes and took in a deep scent of Jesse's cologne.

"Do you have to work in the morning?" he asked.

"No," she said. "I'm off for another night."

"Good."

Lorelei wanted to fish her phone out of her purse so that she could text Molly. She was sure that her best friend would want all of the details of her night. A smile spread across Lorelei's lips as she thought about the sex she just had. It was one of the best experiences she had. She wanted to share her excitement with Molly.

Jesse continued to run his fingers along the curve of her back. Lorelei's eyes were growing heavy, and she struggled to open them.

She listened to Jesse's steady heart beat as she soon fell asleep.

--

Lorelei's eyes fluttered open when she felt fingers run through her hair. She saw Jesse sitting on the edge of the bed. He was dressed in a pair of jeans and a T-shirt, and the sun was shining through the window. Lorelei bolted up, realizing that she accidentally fell asleep. She clutched the blankets to her bare chest.

"I'm sorry," she said.

Jesse raised a brow.

"Sorry about what?" he asked. "I didn't want to wake you, but I just got breakfast ready."

Lorelei put a hand over her pounding heart. She had not spent the night at someone's house since her break-up with Matthew. She was sure Jesse would not want her staying the night. He did make her breakfast though, so she assumed he could not be that mad.

"Thank you," she said.

Jesse got off the edge of the bed and walked into the kitchen. His back was to Lorelei as he searched through the fridge. Lorelei scanned the apartment to see that her dress was crumpled on the floor by the couch. She did not want to put it back on, so she grabbed her underwear and Jesse's shirt off of the floor.

She had half of the buttons done up by the time Jesse turned around. She looked up to see his jaw hanging open before it turned into a smile.

Lorelei looked over at the small table he had next to the window to see he had two plates filled with food. She sat down and her stomach grumbled as she picked up the fork. Jesse set a container of orange juice on the table before sitting across from her. She dragged the end of the fork through the yolk of the eggs on her plate.

"This looks delicious," she said.

"Thanks," he said. "I'm not much of a cook."

"You didn't have to make me breakfast," she said.

"I know that," he said. "But I wanted to."

Lorelei smiled before taking a bite. Jesse watched her as he ate. She tried not to look at him because every time she looked at his crystal blue eyes it caused the heat to rush to her cheeks. She couldn't believe that she let him dominate her last night.

"Don't you have to work?" Lorelei asked.

"I have the weekend off," Jesse said.

Lorelei nodded as she took a bite of her toast. Jesse leaned back in his chair as he watched Lorelei. She could not read him, but she could tell he was deep in thought.

"Want to go out with me and my friends tonight?" he asked.

Lorelei's toast stopped halfway to her mouth. Her eyes widened and her brows furrowed. Jesse chuckled at her shocked expression. She shoved the toast into her mouth. She chewed slowly as she needed time to think.

She thought that their arrangement was only sex. They never discussed what their relationship would be like, but she assumed it would be something with no strings attached. Meeting his friends would change that. She could not imagine bringing him to meet Molly already.

"What are you guys doing?" Lorelei asked.

"We're going to The Alibi," he said.

Lorelei burst into laughter as she shook her head. Molly had wanted them to go to The Alibi in university, but Lorelei was too scared to go.

"Did you just invite me to a strip club?" she asked.

"Yeah," he said.

"You really want me there with a group of guys at a strip club?"

"It's not going to be all guys. Girls will be there too."

It was a strip club, so she believed that it counted as part of their sexual relationship. It was not like he was inviting her to a Thanksgiving dinner or a wedding. She was uncomfortable with the idea, but at the same time it intrigued her. Meeting Jesse was about trying new things, and this she wanted to try.

"Okay," she said. "I'll go."

Jesse winked at her.

"I think you're going to have fun," he said.