Chapter 3

Lorelei returned to the nursing station after hanging antibiotics for a patient. Her phone vibrated and she took it out of her pocket. It was a notification from the dating app that she had a message from Jesse. She raised a brow, unsure why anyone would be voluntarily awake at this time, and opened the app.

Jesse: Well, you are beautiful.

She looked at the profile picture to see it was the sex toys. She had been so focused on the pictures that she did not bother to look at the name. She could feel the heat rushing up to her cheeks.

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" Molly asked.

Lorelei turned her phone and showed Molly the message. Molly ripped the phone out of her hands. She turned and started typing. Lorelei's heart pounded as she tried to pull the phone away, but Molly was blocking her with her back.

"Give me my phone back," Lorelei said. She struggled to keep her voice down and not to wake any of her patients.

Molly smirked as she finished typing. She passed the phone back to Lorelei. Her eyes went wide in horror when she saw what Molly had written.

Lorelei: You're pretty sexy yourself!

"Molly, how could you write that?" Lorelei asked.

"What?" she asked. "Just unmatch with him if you are uncomfortable with it."

Lorelei bit down on her lip. She thought about blocking his profile, but her intrigue overtook her mind. She had not seen something as bold as Jesse's profile before. She wanted to learn what each of those toys was, and even more, she wanted to know what they felt like. If she blocked him, she knew that she would regret it.

Her phone vibrated in her hand. She looked down to see that she had another message from Jesse.

Jesse: Are you submissive, sweetheart?

Lorelei's chest tightened as she read the message. She never labelled herself as submissive, but she knew that she had the desire deep down.

"What does it say?" Molly asked.

She reached for the phone, but Lorelei held it up in the air and out of her reach. She was thankful for the four inches of height she had on Molly. She did not need Molly writing any more messages on her behalf.

Lorelei's eyes darted around the nursing station. The two other nurses they were working with, Benson and Mona, were watching them. Benson had his eyebrows raised and Mona was chuckling as she saw them fight. The four of them worked almost every shift together, so they were used to Lorelei and Molly's bickering.

"What is it this time?" Mona asked.

"Lorelei is being a buzz-kill," Molly said.

"Molly is invading my privacy," Lorelei said.

Molly scoffed and rolled her eyes. She crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot. Lorelei held the phone to her chest, and it vibrated again. She peeked at the screen.

Jesse: Do you have any experience in kink?

"Tell me what it says," Molly said. "I want to help."

"You're not helping," Lorelei said.

"I am the one that told you to download that stupid app," she said. "Now, let me see."

She sat down on her chair and wheeled herself to the corner of the nursing station. She trusted Molly with her life, but she did not want her to read her messages. She was afraid that she was about to divulge information that she was afraid to admit.