Chapter 1

Bucky barnes pov
My name is Bucky barnes I was born on 10th march 1917 and today is my 5th birthday all my friends are coming Steve, Peggy and y/n I don't have many friends Steve and Peggy knew that I didn't really think of y/n as a friend she was my soulmate I know I'm 5 but every time she's smiles, I smile she had got me a toy tank engine to go with my collection it made me feel special because she normally buys small presents for Steve and Peggy for the past 2 years so I think she like me too whenever I see her my heart flutters.
13 years later
My name is Bucky Barnes  and today is my 18th birthday it's March 10th 1935 and  my friends are still Steve and Peggy. However when I was 13 I got courage to shoot my shot with y/n by asking her to be my girlfriend and she said yes it was my happiest day of my life I treated like she was the queen and she sure that I'm okay everyday my dad had died from a war and I've not been mentally stable since. I didn't know how she would react to the big news but I knew it wouldn't be good.

Y/n pov
I grabbed my present for Bucky it was record player he always loved the one that his dad had but his mother set it on fire so I brought him one with 2 records he would be so surprised I grabbed my things for house wife school and left and I waited in-front of his house and he said by to his mother and smiled at me "hi my love happy birthday" I smiled and handed him his presents "I'll open them later darling but I need to tell you something first it's really important" he had his serious face present this wasn't good "ok let's go inside my love" he led  me into his house his mother wasn't present she was probably out getting groceries  and he sat me down next to him on the sofa "so now that I'm 18 I've made some pretty big decisions and one that can change my life forever so I want to tell that one first before the rest  " I decided to join the army with Steve" my heart stopped for a minute every went silent I looked at him in the eyes he was genuine and he was scared  because he wanted to do this but wanted me to approve god I love this man "oh James" I grabbed his hand squeezing it "It's okay I promise you it will be hard if you get drafted but you will look after Steve and he'll look after you so it's okay" he smiled brightly the twinkle in his eyes told me everything  he was happy "oh darling you made me so happy"  he smiled "okay time for some good news" I got excited "now that I'm 18 I'm responsible for a women and the told me I had to choose and I knew how much u hated school so I took u out now ur all mine and ur free to do anything" I smiled and kissed James he knew I wanted  to be myself I loved him so much
2 years later
Buckys pov
Hi I'm Bucky and I'm 20 today and today is the day I ask y/n to be my wife I had planned so much I had asked my mom to give me my grandmother's ring and she said no but she died a year ago on November 6th and I got the ring and I knew their was any better person to give it to than y/n I had set up a little picnic in the park with a checker blanket and a few foods and champagne I put the ring in it's case and put it in my jacket and grabbed some flowers from the  store and I saw her arrive she was wearing her h/c  hair down and mostly and had  some of it up in a small pony tail with a bow  to match her yellow dress (pics below)

Y/n povI grabbed my present for Bucky it was record player he always loved the one that his dad had but his mother set it on fire so I brought him one with 2 records he would be so surprised I grabbed my things for house wife school and left and I...

I gave her the flowers and we sat down together on the blanket we ate the food and we walked home hand in hand she placed her flowers in the vase and I put on my record player she got me 2 years ago for my birthday she handed me my present "here" ...

I gave her the flowers and we sat down together on the blanket we ate the food and we walked home hand in hand she placed her flowers in the vase and I put on my record player she got me 2 years ago for my birthday she handed me my present "here" I opened it and inside was a picture of me and my family together I hugged her it was framed and enlarged. I hung it up with her above the fire place  and I grabbed her and danced with her that when I twirled her around and got on one knee quickly and she stopped .
Y/n pov
James and I was dancing it we never danced often it was rare and normally for a happy occasion he twirled me around slowly and he let of me hand I faced his direction and he was on one knee I stopped and tears started to form in my eyes
"Y/n we have been together since we as thirteen and now we are 20 so it's been 7 years and it's been the best 7 years of my life and I knew you was meant to be with me since I was 3 so will you make me the happiest man and marry me " I smiled and kissed him  instantly "yes James I do" he put his ring on my hand and we danced the night away"