Aren't I appealing.

Start from the beginning

All of the reasons why I loved this woman play out in front of me like a movie and although her hugs aren't as tight as they were when I was smaller, shorter. It feels just as warm as it did the day she hugged me when I lost my first tooth.

She hugged for twenty minutes until I stopped crying after she told me my tooth would eventually grow back.

"Well," she pulls back, wiping under her eyes. "I'm sorry about that." Turning she looks at herself in the dress and smiles. "I think I'll get it."

I watch her, looking over herself once more. I want to hug her again, just to know that it was real and that it actually happened, but I don't. I agree with her and step out of the dressing room.

***

Tanner: coming over tonight? I'm making dinner.

I tell him tonight isn't a good night and he doesn't reply. Typical.

We're still at the mall and I still need to update my makeup collection. Marie... I mean my mom is over at the Lush counter smelling each bath bomb in amazement.

While I debate on which lipstick to buy, my phone begins to play its sweet melody.

"Hello?" I answer without looking at the name.

"I know it early but you're going to the glow stick party in a few weeks right?" And that's Bella. She always has to have things planned weeks before.

"Yes, Bella." I laugh. "That is foresure a yes."

"Okay. Sorry, you know how I am."

"I know, we've been friends since middle school."

"That long huh?"

"Mhm."

"What are you doing anyways you've been kind of MIA?"

"So much has gone down Bells. I think you, me and Carly need to do something, go out maybe? Early Birds is having a Hella Kick Back tomorrow night."

"Dancing and drinking? On a Monday? I'm in!"

"Thought so. I have to let you go. I'll text you tonight." My mom is now over by me glancing over the Mac makeup in awe.

"Pricy, but I'm sure it works."

"I am a Walmart makeup girl, but they have amazing lipstick." I tell her finally deciding on a color.

Today wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But if she thinks I'm letting her down easy, I'm not. One slip up and we're back to square one.

As we finally pull down my street after a long day, I nearly spit up my Starbucks coffee when I see Tanners black beast sitting in the driveway.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I slam my hands against the steering wheel.

I can tell from my peripheral vision that Marie is looking at me, her head cocked to the side. "What's wrong?"

"That!" I gesture to his truck taking up most of the driveway. "Just one day. He doesn't listen."

"Who?"

"Tanner, Marie. My boyfriend persay..." I park my car on the street and climb out of the car. I notice he isn't in his truck.

"You have a boyfriend?" She asks getting out of the car.

"No time to talk or get sentimental here mom." I march up my sidewalk and into the house.

Blazing fury courses through me. I find Tanner and my dad sitting at the dinner table, along with Carson as well.

Playing fucking poker...